2014-15 rmz250 vs 2016-17, Comparison?

Hey all,

So about 3 years ago I decided to purchase a 2015 rmz250. I knew there weren't any changes from 14 and the bike was overall the same for years before that, minus the ecu and kickback issue from 2013. I figured the '16 model would be changed and sure enough they made ~80 changes to engine and went to air forks. Change isn't always better so I decided to go with the '15 model. I've made quite a few modifications.

• Yoshi RS-4
  • Vortex ECU
  • Factory Pro Detent arm
  • Race Tech gold valve suspension

Bike runs great, starts almost instantly every time (also a fan of the hot start lever ;) ) and turns like a dream. 

Any riders out there with experience on both models? Are the engine changes noticeable? Do you enjoy the air fork? Does she turn on a dime still? I am thinking about picking up another 250 and wondering if I should wait for the 2019 model, hoping it matches the changes to the '18 450. I've heard mixed reviews on the 16-17 rmz250 and looking for your guys opinion. 

Edited by Ctone23

I have a 15 also and have a hard time justifying a newer one till the new hopefully 2019, ya they have made a so called 80 changes but like you say change is not always good. Id wait for another year

According to MXA they should have made "81" changes because power wise the '16 isn't any stronger than the '15.  If you can wait another year then great, if you didn't don't sweat it you still have a good bike.