Now that's a beautiful thing ☺

Nothing like new chain and sprockets :ride: D.I.D ert2 chain sunstar aluminum spocket. What do you fellas run???

20170727_182222.jpg

20170728_114437.jpg

Edited by Motox367
  • Like 6

Just make sure you check the tension with the bike on the ground, then after each of the first few rides and adjust as needed. Then keep them clean and well lubed and you should get your $$$ out of them:)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filterx said:

Just make sure you check the tension with the bike on the ground, then after each of the first few rides and adjust as needed. Then keep them clean and well lubed and you should get your $$$ out of them:)

Youbetcha :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, indy rider said:

Just installed a IMG_0192.thumb.JPG.b04044d17d25d889d97ffd4aa024e781.JPGDID VT2 and a Dirt Tricks Zirconium Chromatic sprocket.

Nice :thumbsup: never heard of that brand of sprocket. id worry about it breaking although sure it wont. Is it aluminium? 

Nice :thumbsup: never heard of that brand of sprocket. id worry about it breaking although sure it wont. Is it aluminium? 

Those sprockets are as good as it gets...
  • Like 2

Just installed a IMG_0192.thumb.JPG.b04044d17d25d889d97ffd4aa024e781.JPGDID VT2 and a Dirt Tricks Zirconium Chromatic sprocket.

Badass Dixie chopper dude.... I heard them things go about 50 mph. Lol
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, MountAiryTrailRiders said:

Oh ok.  I've always used sunstar with DID threw my 20 years of racing . Those look cool tho 

• Like 1

Myself don't bother with the extra cost and shorter longetivity of aluminium for such a small weight reduction

and only run steel sprockets on both my YZ125 and CRF250X.   Either DRC, Sunstar or Moose Racing.

Always a quality chain thought, DID ERT2 for track or VT2 for off-roading.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, mlatour said:

Myself don't bother with the extra cost and shorter longetivity of aluminium for such a small weight reduction

and only run steel sprockets on both my YZ125 and CRF250X.   Either DRC, Sunstar or Moose Racing.

Only your really talented pros will notice the slight difference in unsprung weight.  For 99.9% of us it doesn't matter.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, mlatour said:

Understand that totally.  This bike I got spring of 16 had a DID oring chain on it. Only ride couple times last year but been much more this year. Had two front teeth break at practice track last weekend so figure was time. Chain is still in good shape and was telling myself I'd get one like it but went back to my roots I geuss lol use to just get non coloured aluminum sunstars for 40$. Never been much for bling but went with black this time

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Only your really talented pros will notice the slight difference in unsprung weight.  For 99.9% of us it doesn't matter.

Very true

Although I must say I was impressed with how long an aluminium Renthal lastest on my CRF,

(was on the bike when I purchased it)

it already had a bit of wear on but it went about another 1000 miles before showing signs it was due.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MountAiryTrailRiders said:

Until they break up in several pieces. Then they aren't.

• Like 1

Your a damn genius!
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, mlatour said:

Although I must say I was impressed with how long an aluminium Renthal lastest on my CRF,

(was on the bike when I purchased it)

it already had a bit of wear on but it went about another 1000 miles before showing signs it was due.

Ya I've always had goodluck with them . By time sprocket I whooped so it the chain. I'd get a whole season out of one set. DID sun star combo. If I remember the first ert was only gold on outer plates. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, YHGEORGE said:

But, the question is are they made out of aluminum foil like apparently Eli Tomac's brake discs are? :smirk:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

But, the question is are they made out of aluminum foil like apparently Eli Tomac's brake discs are? :smirk:

Lol what happened he break a rotor?

1 minute ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

He's bent at least 2 this year.

That's some bad luck