Beta linkage bearings

What kind of lifespan are you guys getting out of your linkage, swingarm, and lower shock bearing?

If you've replaced them, what did you replace them with?

I can't get the spacers/seals off from my lower shock bearing, so I have no idea if it is seized.

Mine are original other than the upper shock bearing, over 300 hrs. Orings replace the stock seals. No pressure washer. Amsoil Polymeric grease. I service every winter, which amounts to fresh grease and orings. Never any water ingress and they look new.

• Like 1

The spacers are long you need to find the groove in the middle and knock them out then you can get to the bearing. I'm at 190hrs still all original except  the top shock mount I'm on my 3rd one. We grease ours around 4 times a year. Unlike many bikes the Beta came from the factory with grease which was nice unlike Yamaha. 

MM 

Use a big socket like a 24mm and take the triangle off of the bike.  Then take it over to the vice and use a punch thru the middle and knock off the opposite seal into the big socket, then flip it over and push the other end out with your thumb. Be careful with the needle bearings, If they fall out you can still put them back. I cleaned the old grease out with some brake cleaner and then brushed in some high-temp grease.The shock end is a little different but still the same. I used a tiny little brush and got as much grease as I could get in there. Torque it back up like the manual says.

And now it's good:thumbsup: