I'm planning on buying a second home in Idaho. 

I'm going to do some research and start posting trail information for folks in the rest of the country that want to visit what is widely considered to be a great place to ride single track. 

Should you have some great trail suggestions, pictures of trails, etc, feel free to post here. 

• Like 1

Better have a big enough yard for a 40' RV...and yes I'm bringing a Husky for the "first night free" deal.

• Like 2

Id consider Colville area too. Still close to alot of cool stuff. Hell alot of bang for the buck out there too. 

1 hour ago, motovita said:

P1010025.JPG

I always said, the Indians would have been smart to kill every last one of em at Plymouth Rock...

1 hour ago, Engstrom said:

Id consider Colville area too. Still close to alot of cool stuff. Hell alot of bang for the buck out there too. 

First thought is Lewiston. Or Cascade Lake area....

But I met a guy in Moab and he was from North Idaho. I said hello, we chatted, and I mentioned that I liked riding at Little Naches. 

He said Little Naches was SHIT, wouldn't ever go back and that North Idaho was the place. I asked how many times he'd ridden LN, he said once..... ok.... I've been there 60-70 times over 3 seasons. So, that kind of confidence got me thinking that I'm missing out.

I managed to take a pic of this Idahoian. Anyone know him?

105.JPG.c2fc47442c0b51047bed8a7329f61305.JPG 

Edited by TigerTanker
  • Like 1

I don't know who scares me more.   The guy with the Ak or the guy with the chainsaw who reeks of " I don't use this cutter for trees" 

9 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

But I met a guy in Moab and he was from North Idaho. I said hello, we chatted, and I mentioned that I liked riding at Little Naches. 

He said Little Naches was SHIT, wouldn't ever go back and that North Idaho was the place. I asked how many times he'd ridden LN, he said once..... ok.... I've been there 60-70 times over 3 seasons. So, that kind of confidence got me thinking that I'm missing out.

id agree with him. North Id is my first choice and the riding there cant be compared to anywhere. Basically anywhere from Colville to Montana is killer. Theres some dirt cheap stuff outside Colville to buy right now but stuff in northern Id is going up in prices for sure.

9 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

Lewiston is in the Clearwater region and relatively NOT close to good single-track.  Also, the Potlatch plant keeps the Lewiston valley pretty smelly 24/7.  It wouldn't be my first choice to live.

For a second home you might look at St. Maries in the Panhandle region.  It's at the doorstep of the St. Joe which has the best single-track in North Idaho IMHO (assuming you're an advanced rider).  A close second to the best single-track in North Idaho would be the Gold Creek/Independence Creek area which would put your second home anywhere between CDA and Sandpoint if you wanted to live close to it.  As mentioned earlier, Colville is worth Looking into also with LPO and Batey-Bould being close.  The single-track is a bit easier on that side of the border but it's still a lot of fun.

You can see lots of pictures & videos of all those areas on PANTRA's gallery pages.

Never seen or met the guy in your picture but I've also never seen an 1190 adventure bike on single-track.  I'm sure if I had met him there would be no doubt he's the one I'd look to for single-track recommendations/comparisons. :lol:

• Like 2

The people I've worked around from Lewiston/Clarkston that ride haven't told me about any great single down that ways. They take the drive to the"Fossil Bowl" and ride at that track and there is some single track in the area, but up there you're already nearing St Maries. St Joe and Panhandle Ranger districts have the most established and dedicated motorcycle trails that I know of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cougbike said:

I don't know who scares me more.   The guy with the Ak or the guy with the chainsaw who reeks of " I don't use this cutter for trees" 

Actually, the real badass is the guy on the right. He rides his KTM 500 like it's a trials bike...he "hangs out alot in mexico" and he lives in a place I cannot even spell. He has a pet carrier pigeon....wtf has one of those...and why?

• Like 3