where can I get these OEM decal style black fender and shrouds?

Can I buy these OEM decal style fenders and shrouds anywhere?

600px-2010_Suzuki_DRZ400_at_the_2009_Sea

the reason why I'm asking...

I'm looking to buy my first bike, Im pretty set on the DRZ400 (or any DRZ) and Im really digging the black ones.

I got the $$$ , just can't find a black one. I can only find a few cheap nice looking yellow and blue DRZ's.

I would buy a yellow or blue DRZ if I could find a dress up kit that has the decals on them ... but I only can find dress up kits that are plain black. (don't want to put stickers either).

1 minute ago, horrofan said:

Can I buy these OEM decal style fenders and shrouds anywhere?

600px-2010_Suzuki_DRZ400_at_the_2009_Sea

the reason why I'm asking...

I'm looking to buy my first bike, Im pretty set on the DRZ400 (or any DRZ) and Im really digging the black ones.

I got the $$$ , just can't find a black one. I can only find a few cheap nice looking yellow and blue DRZ's.

I would buy a yellow or blue DRZ if I could find a dress up kit that has the decals on them ... but I only can find dress up kits that are plain black. (don't want to put stickers either).

Why not buy the buy the bike your set on and then check out the million aftermarket sites that has replacement plastics and put them on after the fact? Motosport, Rocky Mountain ATV, Motorcycle superstore, etc. Cycra has replacement plastics as well as i think it's UFO? 

5 minutes ago, 505 YZ125 said:

Why not buy the buy the bike your set on and then check out the million aftermarket sites that has replacement plastics and put them on after the fact? Motosport, Rocky Mountain ATV, Motorcycle superstore, etc. Cycra has replacement plastics as well as i think it's UFO? 

9 minutes ago, horrofan said:

...but I only can find dress up kits that are plain black. (don't want to put stickers either).

because this is why ^^^

I like the look of the factory decals. pretty sure they aren't stickers so I wouldn't be able to buy the aem parts like UFO since they are plain black 

Edited by horrofan

Just now, horrofan said:

because this is why ^^^

I like the look of the factory decals. pretty sure they aren't stickers so I wouldn't be able to buy the aem parts like UFO since they are plain black 

After posting i was re-reading what you said, realized what you meant and tried to edit but then you responded.

You CAN buy OEM decals. I put your bike into motosport.com and shopped OEM and BLAM $80 for a black back fender.

If I'm now understanding you correctly i can send you the link to what I'm talking about.

1 minute ago, 91kdx25088 said:

Im guessing if you want oem looking plastics your gonna have to buy oem plastics.

like used parts? ... that would prob take forever.

Just now, horrofan said:

like used parts? ... that would prob take forever.

nope brand new OEM plastics.

3 minutes ago, 91kdx25088 said:

nope brand new OEM plastics.

do you think they would have the same color scheme though? 

5 minutes ago, 505 YZ125 said:

After posting i was re-reading what you said, realized what you meant and tried to edit but then you responded.

You CAN buy OEM decals. I put your bike into motosport.com and shopped OEM and BLAM $80 for a black back fender.

If I'm now understanding you correctly i can send you the link to what I'm talking about.

I took a look at that site, Its not clear if the parts are going to have the same color scheme... :/ 

1 minute ago, horrofan said:

do you think they would have the same color scheme though? 

I took a look at that site, Its not clear if the parts are going to have the same color scheme... :/ 

No. I suppose your right. The OEM pages just show it on that weird blank white paper template thing.

But in my honest opinion if your choosing your DRZ based solely off of the shade of black it is i hope your luck is good enough you don't end up with the biggest DRZ dog turd in the country. Just get the one with the best history/in the best shape/best cared for or whatever tickles your fancy and then add your brand new sparkly black OEM plastics and just live with whatever shade of black it is.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 505 YZ125 said:

No. I suppose your right. The OEM pages just show it on that weird blank white paper template thing.

But in my honest opinion if your choosing your DRZ based solely off of the shade of black it is i hope your luck is good enough you don't end up with the biggest DRZ dog turd in the country. Just get the one with the best history/in the best shape/best cared for or whatever tickles your fancy and then add your brand new sparkly black OEM plastics and just live with whatever shade of black it is.

haha, yeah its all good! Ive been working on cars and buying used cars for a few years now .. I know my way around a wrench and know a dog turd when I sees one.

.. I just can help that this is just my first bike so I want it to be 'stylish'. I usually don't look for color in a vehicle and felt sort of stupid asking the question...but again its my first bike and I'm getting overly excited that Ive finally made a decision since I've been trying to decide for months from a dirtbike to a bobber, even considered a scooter, then a cruiser, a dual sport, back to a cruiser and finally .. the DRZ.

but..I think ill just go with the yellow DRZ I found. better to ride on the street with bright colors anyways :D

Edited by horrofan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, horrofan said:

haha, yeah its all good! Ive been working on cars and buying used cars for a few years now .. I know my way around a wrench and know a dog turd when I sees one.

.. I just can help that this is just my first bike so I want it to be 'stylish'. I usually don't look for color in a vehicle and felt sort of stupid asking the question...but again its my first bike and I'm getting overly excited that Ive finally made a decision since I've been trying to decide for months from a dirtbike to a bobber, even considered a scooter, then a cruiser, a dual sport, back to a cruiser and finally .. the DRZ.

but..I think ill just go with the yellow DRZ I found. better to ride on the street with bright colors anyways :D

Good luck on your quest then. I hope you find a gem... in lime green or pink... that'll make you real visible. Hehe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 505 YZ125 said:

Good luck on your quest then. I hope you find a gem... in lime green or pink... that'll make you real visible. Hehe

well it sure as sh*t will! thx

Just so you know, factory decals cost almost as much as a used bike! That's an exaggeration, but they are stupid expensive. And the tank graphic is under the paint clear coat and can't be removed without destroying the paint. If you must have OEM graphics my suggestions are as follows:

1. Pick a couple colors you'd be happy with and be patient and wait until one comes for sale then pounce on it.

2. Buy another color then trade for the body panels and tank you're looking for with another DRZ owner.

3. Buy any color then buy the color body panels you're looking for in the used market.

All of these options will require patience and you may never get exactly what you're looking for. Good luck!

10 hours ago, 74jimbo said:

buy a black acerbis kit for $100, and then buy factory decals, yes, they are stickers

...But thats exactly what I said I don't want to do in my original pos smh .. people never fully read topics before responding. 
Thats why the title is "where can I get these OEM decal style ..blah blah"

2 hours ago, ptgarcia said:

Just so you know, factory decals cost almost as much as a used bike! That's an exaggeration, but they are stupid expensive. And the tank graphic is under the paint clear coat and can't be removed without destroying the paint. If you must have OEM graphics my suggestions are as follows:

1. Pick a couple colors you'd be happy with and be patient and wait until one comes for sale then pounce on it.

2. Buy another color then trade for the body panels and tank you're looking for with another DRZ owner.

3. Buy any color then buy the color body panels you're looking for in the used market.

All of these options will require patience and you may never get exactly what you're looking for. Good luck!

yeah ... but how long till one comes up theres a possibility I will be waiting half a year lol , and maybe finally the one that comes out aint perfect. I found a xr650l I may just go for instead of the DRZ : (

Black oe stuff comes up on ebay often, but you will pay a premium for it.

Why have you decided you will not buy a black kit and put your own decals on it?

44 minutes ago, 74jimbo said:

Black oe stuff comes up on ebay often, but you will pay a premium for it.

Why have you decided you will not buy a black kit and put your own decals on it?

just want it to be more authentic ... if Suzuki uses stickers I wouldn't mind but from the pictures it looks like its painted on.

I want a nice looking first bike.. I know ill prob drop it but still want something more with more quality details.

All these bikes use plastic body parts and stickers for a good reason: they are designed to be ridden off road, and when riding off road a crash/drop is inevitable. The only thing painted on a DRZ is the tank, everything else is a sticker.