Lost a screw on my handguard

1 minute ago, shingo said:

http://www.cyclebuy.com/ktm/powerparts/handlebar_handguards.htm#Aluminum_Handg

It's one of the screw on the deflector, any idea where i can buy one. Rhett dealer had no clue.

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but those look like regular machine screw / thread type bolts.

Can another one off, and go down to your local hardware store, and see if they have a stainless steel (first choice) that matches close.  If nothing else, once you find the right thread/pitch, you could buy (4) that match and change all four of them.  No bigger than that screw is, it shouldn't cost you more than a couple of bucks.

If you knew who built those guards, you could send the company an email.  I lost one on my Cycra's and sent them an email on their support page, and then sent me a whole set out free of charge...

Good luck!

• Like 1

If it's like the Cycra's with the threaded insert (T-nut style) that comes through the back, I was missing a T-nut when I bought my hand guards.  Of course they are metric.  Don't recall exactly the size.  Anyhoo, I took another one off the handguard (both screw and T-nut), went to my hardware store and bought a 1/4" T-nut that looked identical.  Found a metric screw the same size as the one I brought with me.  Went home and ran a metric tap of that same size through the T-nut.  Worked perfectly.

16 minutes ago, KennyMc said:

If you must have one, buy the black plastic bumpers, they come with 2 each.

IMG_1501252699.149286.jpg

On my Cycra's, I believe that those were sheetmetal type screws, and not fine threaded machine screws.  It's been a while since I put those on though, so I could be mistaken...

Why would you need an original screw, just use one with the right thread. I already replaced 3 screws here and there with whatever I had lying around...