Recipe for YZ-X Plonker

I am most interested in getting the bike to have smooth, predictable power delivery in tight single track. Top end speed is secondary. Smooth power is my number one priority with this bike. 

I have the GYTR Flywheel, I have a throttle cam, running an FMF spark arrestor and will be lowering the gearing . Any other changes I can make in terms of jetting to tame the bike down and lower the hit?  Still haven't gotten it jetted correctly. The bike is not really broken in. I know I want tractability and predictability first and foremost, as I tend to get going too fast in the woods otherwise. (out of control)

Does the Gnarly smooth things out ?

Tia

Rekluse for sure.... Lowering the gearing will make it more punchy feeling.... Going with the heaviest flywheel weight will calm it down.. the gnarly should give you more low end and less of an upper punch so you can ride lower in the rpms... Tubliss will help have sticky tracking for slow going... Other than that seat time is your friend... Your right hand will get used to the power faster than you think....

• Like 1

I rode three days with a Rekluse last winter on a Husky TX300. It was fantastic. If I can get my engine to have the same characteristics I will be smiling. For me the absolute best part was the left hand braking and unlimited bottom end. I figure with the lower gearing I can almost always be in second gear for slowish stuff and save first for when I really need it.

Edited by nicad

9 hours ago, nicad said:

I am most interested in getting the bike to have smooth, predictable power delivery in tight single track. Top end speed is secondary. Smooth power is my number one priority with this bike. 

I have the GYTR Flywheel, I have a throttle cam, running an FMF spark arrestor and will be lowering the gearing . Any other changes I can make in terms of jetting to tame the bike down and lower the hit?  Still haven't gotten it jetted correctly. The bike is not really broken in. I know I want tractability and predictability first and foremost, as I tend to get going too fast in the woods otherwise. (out of control)

Does the Gnarly smooth things out ?

Tia

Suzuki needle to make it smoother and predictable 

1 hour ago, kxrob said:

Suzuki needle to make it smoother and predictable 

Is that what the JD Jet kit is comprised of? Do you have a part number for this needle? Just curious, is the needle all about the taper?

Really starting from ground zero when it comes to understanding two stroke tuning.

Is that what the JD Jet kit is comprised of? Do you have a part number for this needle? Just curious, is the needle all about the taper?

Really starting from ground zero when it comes to understanding two stroke tuning.

No JDs needles are his own taper I think. That's what I use. In addition to the other things mentioned, get your head squish corrected. That made a bigger difference on my bike than the flywheel, gearing or anything else because it made it sooo much easier to jet and forget. Ron Black did my head.

Sent from my SM-G935V using ThumperTalk mobile app

5 hours ago, nicad said:

Do you have a part number for this needle? 

Temperature and elevation ?

I'm around 150 to 700 feet in elevation. Probably the average temp I will ride in is 72 f. I plan on riding a lot this fall when it will most likely be in the 50 f range.