TM Racing updates for 2018
the new 250Fi will be ready arround Nov/Dec
other models should arrive in Oktober 2017 in the USA 
preorders welcome - info@tmracing-usa.com

85/100 Junior
• New crankshaft
• New crankshaft bearings
• New exhaust system
• New cylinder ports timing with exhaust and transfer ports for better performance

125/144 MX/EN
• New cylinder ports timing diagram
• New combustion chamber
• New carburetor setting
• New CDI mapping
• New reinforced and lightened frame
• New size exhaust system
• New fork treatment for reduced friction

250/300 MX/EN
• New exhaust system volume

250Fi MX
• New engine replica of the prototype used at the Mx2 world championship season
• New Twin exhaust system
• New throttle body
• New CDI

250Fi EN

300Fi MX/EN

450Fi MX/EN

450Fi SMX
New piston for higher compression

I can't believe they have not put electric start on the 250/300 2 strokes yet!

Hi everybody , I'm new here and I'm trying to get some confidence : I own a Tm 300 2s 2007 and a Beta 300 2s 2017 racing , so if someone is interested I can compare...  , most important thing : I'm from Italy !

Well , Tm is making angry a lot of people here , talking about the 300 4s and not-solved problems with electronic exhaust valve wires on 2 strokes . A lot of italian riders here are leaving Tm , this is not a good moment for them . My Tm has been ( and it is ) my first real enduro bike and I've learnt so much riding it , but now with beta ... .

• Like 2

On 10/7/2017 at 11:20 AM, ged93 said:

Hi everybody , I'm new here and I'm trying to get some confidence : I own a Tm 300 2s 2007 and a Beta 300 2s 2017 racing , so if someone is interested I can compare...  , most important thing : I'm from Italy !

Well , Tm is making angry a lot of people here , talking about the 300 4s and not-solved problems with electronic exhaust valve wires on 2 strokes . A lot of italian riders here are leaving Tm , this is not a good moment for them . My Tm has been ( and it is ) my first real enduro bike and I've learnt so much riding it , but now with beta ... .

What's the problem with the 300 4s? I love mine, don't have many hours on it yet though.

My 2014 144MX has the electronic power valve cables, I've had to adjust them twice in 33 hours, have not replaced them yet but have a spare set on hand. It really doesn't bother me, personally. I know you can still custom order the bikes from the factory with mechanical power valve operation if desired, or at least last time I checked they offered it.

Hi , the problem with 300 4s is that it's not street legal yet , this why riders are hungry here : you can't protect it with a policy , you can't ride it in official races and so on because there is no possibility to have a number plate , for now , and this is a big problem .

Talking about wires , here a lot of people are leaving Tm because the electronic valve is too complicated and you can break very easily them or the electric motor , also the electric start is still missing on EN models , and spare parts are very expensive ...

Someone likes Tm , someone hates them

• Like 2

We have a customer with over 100 hours on a 250EN 2t, PV has not been touched.  I have heard of a 2016 300EN that broke a PV cable at 50 hours, the system was resigned in 2017 to eliminate problems.

2019 E start 250-300 2t’s will be in the US by June 2018

I was at the TM factory a few weeks ago and saw the new 2T in prototype form (they would not allow me to take pictures though). TM is an amazing company that is on the rise. My guide there told me that because they are small they can react quickly and make running changes to the line while still in production. I was absolutely amazed by the quality of craftsmanship, pride and passion the people put into building these bikes!

So my first visit to a motorcycle factory an it was amazing. I now know why a TMs are as expensive and as great as the are! Tons of CNC and hand work and lots of passion and care. I was floored by the process.

Each motor for example, is built by one man start to finish.

Custom porting and head configurations are available.

Each cylinder is hand finished (ports cleaned, cases matched etc).

Each frame is hand welded by 1 person beginning to end then the frames are tempered in house.

1 person assembles each bike start to finish.

Each bike is tested before crating and shipping to make sure it is as perfect as can be.

There are no robots anywhere in the factory and 90% of the bike is made in house and 100% hand built. Unless you build your own bike in your garage, you just cannot buy this type of quality from any other manufacturer! Especially in off-road.

Shock being dynoed.

Throttle bodies

22448156_10211577897256796_3171821611086

Sand cast engine cases just out of the mold ready for cleaning.

22366719_10211577895936763_6979016522723

Got hubs?

22366827_10211577895896762_9457156359186

Frames just out of tempering process

22405803_10211577903696957_2914953367404

22449743_10211577900376874_1475404630929

Triple Clamps

22490060_10211577899416850_6482260140483

• Like 5

Hi , well I'm not really happy with new TMs , there are a lot of things that I don't like about mechanics and other technical solutions . You will find tons of cnc machined part in any bike factory , or passionated people or hand made parts and so on , it depends on what kind of bike you are looking for .

At the end the most important thing is to have fun , I was only telling that this is not a good moment here for TM , because of marketing decisions and a couple of other problems that make their bikes not too much attractive ( for example , in all hard enduro famous races you will find only 1 TM , used by Herrera , which is not an official rider )

What difference does it make how many bolts are in a sprocket?  I am sure TM has a reason they want to do it.  If I had to change asprocket everyday, I would worry about it, but the OEM sprocket is still looking good after 375 tough single track miles.  We have SM brand Sprockets hanging on the wall for $45, and ZF just released a twin ring “stealth” sprocket for $79

As far as TM’s racing program, might be easier for them if they had KTM/Red Bull money to buy all the best riders.  But they have won Enduro GP E1 World Championship 2 years in a row and won the first round this year overall.  I would like to see TM and Beta both get serious in Hard Enduro,  as tht seems to be what our customer base pays the most attention to.  They also dominate Super Moto which makes sense as they produce SM bikes.

• Like 1

Talking about hard enduro , it's necessary to invest on great riders if you want to sell and show around your bikes , for example Sherco has payed a lot to take away Mario Roman , and it seems that they are selling a lot now ( they have made another new factory to satisfy customers bikes requests ) .

Beta has Tim Coleman and another rider for hard enduro competitions , these riders are not so famous like Jarvis or Walker , but if you take a look to Erzbergrodeo , Romaniacs , Hell's Gate , Ales Extreme , Megawatt , King of the Hill , Sea to Sky , Minas ... videos , you will see a lot of Betas , even if 80-90% of bikes are ktms .

TM it's not interested in hard enduro unluckly , as they want to ride only in classic EnduroGP and in MX , but I think they are wrong ( anyway , who would ride a hard enduro race using a bike without electric start ? ) 

I hope they will update their bikes in order to have an official team for hard enduro , it would be great to see a challange between TM team and Beta team .

4 hours ago, YHGEORGE said:

Was just wondering why 9.

Yeah, sorry, I guess I am a little sensitive about the subject!  Seems all the magazine testers make a big deal about and I don’t think it is.  I have no idea why TM does it, but I doubt they have ever had one fall off!

On 10/25/2017 at 5:13 PM, YHGEORGE said:

Why does it take nine bolts to hold a TM rear sprocket on?

It doesn't ... I leave three out of my 144 rear sprocket as a conversation starter :lol:

• Like 1

On 8/7/2017 at 4:03 PM, GlennE said:

I can't believe they have not put electric start on the 250/300 2 strokes yet!

The 2019 models will have EFI, and electric start. I've seen the bike..... They will STILL have 9 sprocket bolts however!!! My tour guide at TM told me it was to make for a stronger mounting point for the sprocket because the tabs are closer together. I'm no engineer so who am I to argue? That said, TM USA has aftermarket wheels sets with 6 sprocket bolts if it really bothers you guys that much. 

• Like 3