16 CRF250L WONT START

Hi, I'm looking for some help. Here's the deal, I got this crf at auction. Bike is like brand new with 109 miles. It was a theft recovery. They tried breaking the ignition but ended up pulling the plug off the back and maybe jumping it. Not sure if they even got it running. Bars were slightly bent and rear sub frame is bent slightly from who knows what. No road rash.

The Ignition plug has 3 wires. I tried jumping the r/w and bl/r wires. There is a small pink wire, not sure what for. All lights come on including engine light {which stays on} The motor turns over but wont start. There is no spark. Wondering if they Fried something.

I have a new lock set on the way but not sure if that will help. I'm GUESSING it's the ecu. Is there a way to test it?

Thanks in advance

OK so after reading other posts this is understandably a sketchy subject. Most people wont answer the question for fear off helping a thief.

I read that the pink wire is the like an antitheft. A diode inside the ignition sends a certain voltage to the ecm. I m sure there are ways around it but I'll Just wait till my new Ignition comes in next week. Just wanted to ride sooner.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Bummer. This what happened to my Canada car just before Xmas ...

Brain Dead MOFO's can't even tell that there is a no start without an encoded key

aztek damage 1.jpg

aztek damage 2.jpg

• 11 months later...
On 7/28/2017 at 7:48 PM, EVENSTEVEN said:

Hi, I'm looking for some help. Here's the deal, I got this crf at auction. Bike is like brand new with 109 miles. It was a theft recovery. They tried breaking the ignition but ended up pulling the plug off the back and maybe jumping it. Not sure if they even got it running. Bars were slightly bent and rear sub frame is bent slightly from who knows what. No road rash.

The Ignition plug has 3 wires. I tried jumping the r/w and bl/r wires. There is a small pink wire, not sure what for. All lights come on including engine light {which stays on} The motor turns over but wont start. There is no spark. Wondering if they Fried something.

I have a new lock set on the way but not sure if that will help. I'm GUESSING it's the ecu. Is there a way to test it?

Thanks in advance

hi just wondering weather you got over your problem was it the ecu 

On 7/28/2017 at 7:48 PM, EVENSTEVEN said:

Thanks in advance

Was it the ecu??

• 4 months later...