Battle of the goats

Tomorrow is the big race, Battle of the goats, at Brushy Mountain, Similar to the Tennessee Knockout. Hard enduro. Nothing like a harescramble.  I am looking forward to the race video's that get posted online. Only one existed last year. I hope more this year. Watch for them. Link them here if you wish

Edited by 1gr8bldr

This video is not the race but shows the hill at the beginning that was a parking lot; It is much steeper than it looks. The average enduro rider could get to the rocks ok, but the rocks.....

Edited by 1gr8bldr
  • Like 1

Congrats to these guys, taken from Brushy's facebook;

"Today's course was a test of man and machine. Congratulations to Quinn Wentzel for taking the win over last years running champ Nick Fahringer. Fahringer put up a hard fight against Wentzel but came up short, finishing in second place just minutes behind. Local rider Jeremiah Burkhart finished in third.",

more pics can be found there

Edited by 1gr8bldr

I love the fact there are some hard enduros popping up here in the states. Was there an afternoon pro race or just what we are seeing here?

Maybe all the good riders in the area are saving themselves for the TKO.

5 hours ago, indy rider said:

I love the fact there are some hard enduros popping up here in the states. Was there an afternoon pro race or just what we are seeing here?

Maybe all the good riders in the area are saving themselves for the TKO.

They ran together, but the pro had a few "pro lines"

This taken from Brushy's Facebook. This shows fewer riders than several have stated. Owner had told me 25 pros.... if I recall correctly

https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Sessions/4527727

This shows that only 29 riders finished 1 of the three laps. Only 5 of those finished 2 laps. Owner told me 2 weekends before the race that he was not certain that a non pro would finish a lap, assuming I understood him correctly. So, he was off in his estimate, yet close on his goal of technical difficulty. It was meant to be difficult. As for next year, I saw a statement somewhere... and his mind could change, I will try to find it.... that the type of race will be the same next year, only change is that it will go down from 20 miles per lap to about 15. Based on average times, no one would have finished the entire race  it if they attempted 3 laps. Exciting stuff

Edited by 1gr8bldr
  • Like 1

Here is 7th place Will presson; Some darn good riding. Cleaned many of the toughest hills

Edited by 1gr8bldr
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Off-Road Adventures said:

I see what you did there with your name! Congrats on the race!

LOL, i did not catch that one

If we promote this enough...... maybe Graham Jarvis will come. Hey Will, don't many of the big names race the TKO?

25 minutes ago, 1gr8bldr said:

If we promote this enough...... maybe Graham Jarvis will come. Hey Will, don't many of the big names race the TKO?

I can see it getting as big as TKO within just a few more years. That would be awesome!  The sport is definitely growing at an exponential rate anyway.