And the pipe 

you are making short work of modding it. Great list of stuff 

Edited by xrbrp
  • Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:37 PM, stevethe said:

Yes a FMF 4.1 is on backorder. 

Ride time tomorrow real dirt. 

living in California you should take consideration the mandatory USFS spark arrestor. get caught without and it could cost you a home. I use the FMF Q4 SA and with proper tuning its a quiet ,legal rocket

49 minutes ago, Airboss/oc said:

living in California you should take consideration the mandatory USFS spark arrestor. get caught without and it could cost you a home. I use the FMF Q4 SA and with proper tuning its a quiet ,legal rocket

The 4.1 has a spark arrestor. 

I like on mine the ktm wider replacement break pedal and I don't have big feet. stock one stuck in too tight. a pia to hit

34 minutes ago, shampoochie said:

I like on mine the ktm wider replacement break pedal and I don't have big feet. stock one stuck in too tight. a pia to hit

When ktm announced the brake lever was 10mm longer, I went to the shop and compared, definitely longer gap than previous model from the peg . Good for size 15 feet.

not sure what they were thinking

you can buy just the tip 2 screws hold it to the arm as orginal, stock part ktm hard parts. most dealers have them as an accessory, comes anodized orange for ktm blue for huskie

• Like 1

On Friday, July 28, 2017 at 6:37 PM, stevethe said:

Ride time tomorrow real dirt. 

....aaaaand ??

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Summit said:

....aaaaand ??

Ok I can also compare it a bit to my built 16' WR450. 

The new generation 17'/ 18' KTM 500's are pretty awsome. It looks like they have really shaved some weight on the previous generation bikes. It has a very small frame, engine and other lightweight components. That and the low end torque is what steered me into buying the new bike. Hopefully the reliability from the previous generation will continue however that is a unknown on a new model with new lightweight parts.

The bike turns very well and feels light and nimble. The suspension feels good however not quite up to the Enzo tuned Yamaha suspension. 

Engine wise the low end torque is awesome. With 13/48 gearing third gear take offs are easy. Lots of low end torque to pull. Way more than the Yamaha however the Yamaha had lots of top end power. The KTM has a amazing way to torque out of difficult conditions with little wheel spin. Top end is good however maybe down just a bit from the built GYTR Yamaha. 

Overall I am very happy with the new bike and it is fun to ride. My only concern is I hope they have the reliability down with this new lightweight version. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, stevethe said:

Ok I can also compare it a bit to my built 16' WR450. 

The new generation 17'/ 18' KTM 500's are pretty awsome. It looks like they have really shaved some weight on the previous generation bikes. It has a very small frame, engine and other lightweight components. That and the low end torque is what steered me into buying the new bike. Hopefully the reliability from the previous generation will continue however that is a unknown on a new model with new lightweight parts.

The bike turns very well and feels light and nimble. The suspension feels good however not quite up to the Enzo tuned Yamaha suspension. 

Engine wise the low end torque is awesome. With 13/48 gearing third gear take offs are easy. Lots of low end torque to pull. Way more than the Yamaha however the Yamaha had lots of top end power. The KTM has a amazing way to torque out of difficult conditions with little wheel spin. Top end is good however maybe down just a bit from the built GYTR Yamaha. 

Overall I am very happy with the new bike and it is fun to ride. My only concern is I hope they have the reliability down with this new lightweight version. 

Dang, I was kind of hoping you were going to hate it. Light feel and really good torque huh? Dang. I know you know yamahas and I was waiting for a comparison. If this bike I'm on now wasn't the most reliable high performance machine I've ever owned I wouldn't be so damn brand loyal because I'm really not a brand loyal person on anything else, just interested in getting the best I can get for my dough. Thanks for the review, keep em coming.........and I'm glad you like it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Summit said:

Dang, I was kind of hoping you were going to hate it. Light feel and really good torque huh? Dang. I know you know yamahas and I was waiting for a comparison. If this bike I'm on now wasn't the most reliable high performance machine I've ever owned I wouldn't be so damn brand loyal because I'm really not a brand loyal person on anything else, just interested in getting the best I can get for my dough. Thanks for the review, keep em coming.........and I'm glad you like it!

The 07-15 WR450's had more torque. I think they went a bit wacky with a short stroke and larger bore on the 16' up WR's. 👍

• Like 1

Haven't looked at numbers, but my built '07 GYTR WR had nothing for my '12 or '16 built 500s. Not bottom end, mid range, roll-on, or top end. My WR was an awesome bike and I miss it, but it fell short pretty much everywhere to my 500's. just an observation.

3 hours ago, oldfuddy said:

Haven't looked at numbers, but my built '07 GYTR WR had nothing for my '12 or '16 built 500s. Not bottom end, mid range, roll-on, or top end. My WR was an awesome bike and I miss it, but it fell short pretty much everywhere to my 500's. just an observation.

Yes but did your 07' run like this. https://streamable.com/kni5v

also the 16' and up WR's are top end HP monsters. Especially with the Cosworth GYTR ported cylinder head, big bore, tapper bored throttle body etc. Lots of top end HP on that one. 

• Like 1