Kx100 with a Kx125 swingarm?

Is the Kx125 swingarm longer than a Kx100 swingarm? Would the Kx125 swingarm fit on to a Kx100?

The reason I ask is because I would like to do some slight modifications to my bike. I am roughly 5' 7" so I would like to do some basic things like getting a taller seat, taller bars, ect. But at the same time I would also like to increase the wheel base if possible. I imagine the Kx125 swingarm will bolt on (correct me if I'm wrong), but how much longer is the Kx125 swingarm? How much will it increase the wheel base? Would it mess up the handling at all? Thanks 

it wont work.  the 125 swingarm is going to be bigger, and wider and the linkage likely wouldnt adapt.  plus the wheel size is different.

25 minutes ago, DylDog said:

it wont work.  the 125 swingarm is going to be bigger, and wider and the linkage likely wouldnt adapt.  plus the wheel size is different.

The only reason I asked is because most dirt bikes I have seen (like the dt125) all have a wheelbase of around 54", where as the Kx100 only has a wheelbase of 51" so it's slightly shorter. Like I said, I'm roughly 5' 7" so I could raise the seat, handle bars, ect to make the bike more comfortable for me to ride, but I still feel like the wheelbase is going to be a bit of an issue for a taller rider like me. 

If and when I extend the rear swingarm I will most likely put on bigger wheels any way (21" on the front and 18" on the back) which I have seen some other people doing, so that won't be a problem. I could extend the swingarm myself but I would like to avoid going down that route if possible; it would be much easier (and probably safer) if I just found a longer swingarm that would bolt straight on. There are some posts on here from a few years ago where people extended a Kx100, but they didn't really say how they did it!

if your trying to retrofit larger wheels on anyway sell the 100 and buy a 125/250 and lower it a bit. at 5'7" you should be able to comfortably get on a big bike with some mods. plus if you do all the mods you are talking about, which to me sounds like a bike that would end up here: http://www.pulpmx.com/stories/look-back-old-moto-mags/gps-classic-steel/mutants-moto-vol-1  would probably end up being pretty expensive.  plus the entire geometry of the bike will be thrown off with different sized wheels.

a 125 and a few hundred bucks to lower the suspension/ shave seat would end up being alot bettter.  

Edited by DylDog
  • Like 1

Yep, what he said. Cheaper to get a new bike, it will work right, and you get more power to boot! BTW, I am 5'10" and have a KX 100 I ride in the woods. Tall bars, forward mounted bar clamps, tall seat, lowered footpegs, geared way down, etc. It actually makes a very capable bike for me, and I wouldn't want to have big wheels or more wheelbase, then it would defeat the purpose of riding a 25hp BMX bike!