Boano racing Beta athena ECU ???

Yes,

Running it on my rr430. Using the pipe, CDI and 10 way adjuster.

Runs way better than stock, more roll on and revs more on top.

I can use my Iphone to change the maps like the 2018 yzf.

I use map 2 to lean her off so i can get to the end of a 2 hour enduro.

• Like 2

I tried the pipe on my 430, with an FMF remap . It was better then stock, but no where near as good as the FMF 4.1 with the FMF 0 map.

The top end was worse than stock (much smaller header) and the build quality of the pipe is worse than stock (sticks out to the side more, header bends are crude, etc), and the can if flimsey. It crushes very easily.

• Like 2

http://www.betaboano.com/cgi-bin/archivio/Centralina_GET_RR430_16_17_con_4T_Boano_Power_Exhaust_2117.asp

http://www.betaboano.com/cgi-bin/allegati/26124249_brochure-BOANO-ENG-LR.pdf

http://www.betaboano.com/cgi-bin/allegati/28145342_CENTRALINA PER BETA RR4T EFI INFORMAZIONI_eng.pdf

So, you get an ECU that is already mapped to a specific Boano exhaust, with (10) optional settings.   It claims 'any performance exhaust', which is a little worrying...

It is not clear in the brochure if the necessary tuning software is included, or even available, to go beyond the existing map, or with different exhaust systems. 

It appears the ECU's main benefit is the GPA (traction control) feature. It does not appear to be like a Vortex, where you can create your own maps, and store them.

It also states that every map has the 'less engine braking' built in (more rpms at closed throttle).  Not something we all want.

"GET ECUs are specifically mapped for a stock engine configuration along with any type of race exhaust pipe. Any extra engine modification (e.g.: race crankshaft) will require a dedicated developement through MAYA Software"

>>> You can also order a Wifi/smartphone tuner box that gives you more tuning options. To me, this is required, to correct for different exhaust options.

>>> It is not clear if these +/- options allow you to go outside the existing map parameters.....which would be pretty much needed.

WI-FI COM MAIN FEATURES :

• WiGET App. Download “WiGET ATHENA”, the free app, from your App Store (try the easy demo right away!)

• Modify Injection (-10%/+30%)

• Modify Ignition (-30°/+5°)

• Modify RPM Limiter (+500 max)

• Set 0 TPS

• Diagnostic: any problem with your bike’s engine can be identified immediately

• Non-resettable hour meter (ECU hour meter)

• Save hundreds of profiles with customised settings.

Rename each profile for quick retrieval (e.g.: Muddy, Sandy, Dry, ect)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nick450X said:

Yes,

Running it on my rr430. Using the pipe, CDI and 10 way adjuster.

Runs way better than stock, more roll on and revs more on top.

I can use my Iphone to change the maps like the 2018 yzf.

I use map 2 to lean her off so i can get to the end of a 2 hour enduro.

Hey Nick

Can you go outside the map tunings, or can you only stay within the map

EG: on the most agressive map, can you still alter the ign to advance more, or does it top out to +5?

When you use map 2, is the throttle response any better than stock ?

46 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

As far as performance exhaust? What isn't there only 2 exhaust for Beta? Fmf and  boano? Or are there more?

FMF QHex-4

FMF Powercore 4  <<< what the race teams use, sometimes with custom longer can, to be quieter)

Boano/Spark (Italy)

Arrow (Italy)

GPR (several models of slip ons / Italy)

Scalvini 4T (Italy / supposed to be avialable now/special order)

Termigoni (Italy / not imported)

I have contacted ProCircuit, Akrapovick, Dubach, Bills, and MRD. They have no interest in BETA.

• Like 2

OK, so this is what I understand:

The CDI GET box with map switch is $870.00 plus shipping. (your choice of standard or modified exhuast versions)

The WIFICOM app based control interface box is $212.00 plus shipping

Pretty damn expensive.....

With the WIFICOM box, you can forgo the MAYA Software and interface harness, unless you want to make more radical maps & changes (I assume)

The LC-GPA light feedback box and the GPA traction control switch seem to be a bit 'bling-y', to me. 

http://www.betaboano.com/cgi-bin/archivio/Centralina_GET_RR430_16_17_Marmitta_Racing_2111.asp

>>>>> I also noticed the Dynatek's Fuel and Ignition module is back on their website!  SKU 35-001  $399 !

Unfortunately, the on-line store will not allow me to ship to CA, so I will call them tomorrow.

• Like 1