93 CR250 slow idle

Firstly thanks to all those that helped regarding the forks.

I rode the bike last weekend and loved it, slower but more fun than my 450 4s. 

The only issue is the engine idle speed is too slow, ie if the throttle isn't blipped it stops straight away, i've adjusted the choke knob fully clockwise until it stopped but it still doesn't idle. The engine pulls well and doesn't miss so do you think its worth just spending the £50 on a new choke button or do you think it could be something else? Can the chock button be checked for wear?

It has been a long time but I thought the choke knob needed to be turned ctr-clockwise to increase idle speed. Did you try that?

• Like 1

I do remember it took a lot of clicks, did you try 20-30 + ? Good luck.

Edited by YHGEORGE

Just thought i'd give an update, i removed it completely and sprayed some solvent cleaner into where it screws in, i also cleaned the choke plunger. Re-assembled and started the bike, I screwed it anti clockwise quite a few turns and it worked! I can adjust it to fast idle with it turned right out. I've screwed it in a bit so it will idle slowly for a bit before cutting out which is how i like it.

Thanks for your help once again guys, now i'm happy it runs ok i'm going to strip and get the frame powder coated, put the 96 suspension on and new plastics. Looking forward to giving it a blast. 

I've noticed on my 95 125 it takes about 45 clicks ccw on the choke knob in order for the bike to even start. Seems that turning the idle choke knob most of the way out is common with the pj carbs