'09 400 XC-W Map Switch Help

I bought a used 2009 XC-W a few months ago. Things got a little fun and laid the bike down which damaged the mapping switch (PN K&S 12-0102). Ordered a Siccass replacement... and it doesn't match the carb jetting. Runs like crap.  Looked up the K&S part and it's listed as a Kill Switch and not a map switch.  I'm new to bikes and don't know the best path forward; order a K&S? Try and re-jet to match new switch (friend says it's beyond my skills right now) or take to shop and spend money I don't want to.

Advice or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks. 

The switch shouldn't change your mapping, it should just let you access different maps stored in your ignition. Could anything else have changed at the same time?

Thanks. After some more research and a few phone calls I understand the function better. I disconnected the batter and it re-set. Bike runs great. Now I may decide to go from the Sicass switch back to the K&S - the new switch is more powerful and torque-y. The old switch didn't jump out of the corners as hard. I'm getting used to the bike so I'll ride it for a month or two and decide what I like better. Thanks for the reply. 

The brand of switch won't make a difference on the power or make any more or less power than any other brand. It simply switches between two maps already stored in your ignition.