2017 300rr racing edition

Just bought my first beta! So far (99km,6.1hrs) I have no real complaints. Having been a 450 fuel injection rider I am a little new to jetting and carb tuning. Jetting is stock at this point and it seems to run pretty clean. I ride at 5000-8000ft elevation and summer temps are 70-85deg f. Bike has no hesitation and is very smooth, my only concern is the pipe drool that is running down the silencer and dropping onto the swing arm. Is this normal? I'm running my pre mix at 48:1 synthetic mix (which is a little different  than spec at 50:1 but seeing that it is new I wanted to be on the oily side) another question is concerning gearing. Stock is 13-49. I was recommended by the dealer to try12-49 but I don't think I need to go that low. 1st gear is great, but the gap from 1to 2 seems to be a bit too much. I can slip the clutch to help but I wonder if 1-2 teeth more on the rear sprocket would be perfect for this minor gap in gearing. Thanks

Turn out your air screw until the idle starts to go up.

That will lean it out about 5% on the pilot jet.

Most spooge is from partial throttle richness, not the main jet, so a air screw adjustment, or a needle drop usually fixes it. 

Remember, the BETA's take a long time to break in, and there is even strong speculation that there is a 'break-in' clock in the ECU, which retards the timing until expired.

In CA, 'everyone' runs 13/50 or 51

Edited by THE KRAN

Thanks for the advice. I will try a tooth or two on the rear. If the bike needs to break in still maybe I won't fuss with the carb until it has more time on it. Bike runs great as is, just dripping spooge. Any time suggestions for break in?I'm at 6.1 hrs now.

If you are at partial throttle all the time, it's your pilot circuit that is rich, and turning out the fuel screw will lean it out.