Twin air nylon cover wrapped around?

Hello. 

Ive been using twin air nylon covers with great success on some bike by putting the filter in and later applying the cover over it. Great success and greatly lenghtens the time I can use a filter. Putting it on "edge on edge".

However on the new bike it doesnt really work, if I put it on the edge it squeezes the filter and in prone to jump over the edge inside the filter coverering the part that work as a seal aginst the air boot. Now Im wondering if is the right way to use them. 

Can I wrap it all around and seal the filter with that nylon in between? Fairly flat and lip well greased is a must of course but as some tini tiny sand makes its way past the nylon into the filter makes be wonder if I rather shouldnt but I cant see how it is suppose to work if this isnt the way. 

Tried google, pictures and so on but noone seem to use this thing. Makes me wonder after I removed the nylon of a filter that had been used for almost 3 hrs in dusty conditions and it was still spotless. Could put it right back in the bike, thats how good it looked. 

I tried it on a trip and it was ok but didn't like having to pull the filter to take it off in a dirty airbox.  Also didn't have confidence that the lip was sealing good on a sewn seam that the nylon had.  (was using paint filters)

50 minutes ago, highmarker said:

I tried it on a trip and it was ok but didn't like having to pull the filter to take it off in a dirty airbox.  Also didn't have confidence that the lip was sealing good on a sewn seam that the nylon had.  (was using paint filters)

Did you find any evidence of it not sealing? Thats my fear too.

I have to ask, but what is a nylon filter cover?

I've seen the hard plastic cover that you install in place of your filter when you want to wash the air box.

6 hours ago, Wessmen said:

Did you find any evidence of it not sealing? Thats my fear too.

not that I could detect with a finger wipe or white rag wipe.  I put them on over but then roll it back right to the outer edge before cramming the filter in the box. Want to be able to pull it off mid ride without breaking the rim seal.   I use the nylon mainly to catch twigs fir needles and seeds etc, makes cleaning the filter easier.   For heavy dust either the ktm twin air foam dust cover or the cotton ( I think) style filter cloth, PC racing or equivalents.  The ktm course foam doesn't do much unless it's oiled, the cloth catches a lot of stuff even if dry, but will clog fast too. Have cleaned them with gas or in a creek or hotels sink while traveling. in the washing machine with the gear when home.