Okay 2 stroke gurus what a going on here?

I switch to yamalube2r from Lucas semi synthetic smokeless premix. I replace the slightly damaged gnarly pipe because it wasn't ceiling with a brand-new gnarly pipe that seals good but I'm still getting some spooge out the pipe where it mounts to the cylinder but not much and not much coming out the tailpipe and operating temps very little smoke. So right after I put the pipe on for whatever reason it was loading up really bad so I took the carburetor apart and there is a couple pieces of grit in there so I cleaned it out put it all back together now it runs great once it's warmed up and does not load up anymore. I am at sea level FMF gnarly pipe and power Core 2 silencer. Was it maybe a tiny spec of dirt in the carb? I did also notice since I put vforce reeds in the bolts slightly loosened and I mean barely but I got about a 1/8 turn out of all of them. Maybe it was that. What do you all think?

Absolutely on everything you've found! I can't measure air but the least bit of extra in a closed system will change everything! You'll need to jet it to be spot on,changing pipe/silencers! You won't damage anything running it except for the spooge stain it'll leave behind! Pull your plug and be sure it's not Hott! White, grey is bad, bronze good! I've got more but I'm tired of pushing small phone buttons

You should have mentioned you had a VForce reed cage in your other post which discusses running rich, and leaking spooge.

It's been mentioned often, VForce design and/or quality control often leaves a lot to be desired,

many forum members have complained of bad sealing petals on brand new assemblies, sent back/exchanged and the replacements aren't any better.

Go back tothe stock reeds (or stock equivalents from Boyesen) and you'll likely notice improved driveability at lower rpms.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

It has great low end and mid power. I noticed a positive gain for sure when I installed.

34 minutes ago, YZF1825 said:

It has great low end and mid power. I noticed a positive gain for sure when I installed.

I bet you could run straight gas and it'll be a beast for 44secs, doesn't mean it's good! Check your stuff when you change things!

• Like 1

I did check it. I rode and it was not running lean or anything. Plug looked good.

Hmmm. I feel like I'm out of the loop here. If there's a private joke or feud going on between you 2 (as it appears from this and another thread) can you please take it to pm?

No I'm dead serious. All my questions. I'm learning all this stuff really quick. So if I think I have to ask a question that's what I'm going to do.