New member saying hi

Hey all, just want say thanks for having me and I'm amped to be apart of a great community that is known for knowledgeable insights and info!

my name is Cory and I'm from southern Ontario Canada, and was a little hesitant to join until i found the right bike for me.

My wife and I wanted to get our girls into riding so that's where it all started, we cheaped out on them as they've never rode before.. got them a couple offshore bikes to start and ended up also picking up a 99 RM125 for myself. Then stumbled across a $500 ttr225 so we grabbed it too for the best of both worlds, basically decided that I wasn't going to ride track very often and the old two smoke wasn't very practical for me. I sold it and bought a fully modded pit bike, that thing is a riot. Also got the ttr running and sold it for over triple of the amount I paid! Finally ended up finding the bike I wanted from the start, a pretty clean 04 Yz250f for $1800(Canadian).

We as a family are having a blast, so happy my girls and I share the same hobby.. now my wife wants in lol, I guess it's time for pitbike to go and find a bike for her

thanks again for having me!

IMG_1391.JPG

IMG_1397.JPG

IMG_1407.JPG

IMG_1494.JPG

IMG_1495.JPG

IMG_1496.JPG

IMG_1497.JPG

IMG_1504.JPG

IMG_1506.JPG

IMG_1508.JPG

IMG_1509.JPG

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1514.JPG

IMG_1533.JPG

IMG_1534.JPG

IMG_1535.JPG

• Like 6

Welcome :thumbsup: awesome that your two daughters and wide enjoy riding.  I have one daughter 15 . She was into riding alot until she got 14 then freinds and bf :thumbsdn:change that. Girls can ride i know that for fact have helped out more than one threw the years.  I have a very good freind she's 39 races a ktm250 twostroke just coming back now from acl injury.  Was at practice track yesterday and there's a 21yo girl there on a yz250 hauling ass.  She started at 4-5 yo. I think it's awesome and very good family time:ride: please get them some boots man

Edited by Motox367

Nice collection - how far do you have to travel to ride the bikes ?

Over here in good ol Ozitrailer maybe travel 40 mins - then its 1000's upon 1000's of acres of tracks through bushland, creeks, rivers, hills, rocks - you name it we have it

But i noticed reading a few of the US CAN. threads some travel a long way to ride

1 minute ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

But i noticed reading a few of the US CAN. threads some travel a long way to ride

Mostly Texas and east of the Mississippi.  Most of us out west here have riding at our back door or within a few minutes.

• Like 1

That's great that you're entire family rides. 

Y'all are building great memories, and stories for the front porch. 

Enjoy the moments with you kids; you'll look back and it will be a flash.

I'm guessing the flip flops were for the pics, right?

• Like 3

Welcome aboard and thanx for sharing an intro :)

You mean it gets warm enough in Canada to even wear flip flops? By the way when the children turn old enough to drive a car and you give them one, you only see them when it breaks or runs out of gas. Have two grown daughters, both used to ride with me. Waiting on grandson now.

• Like 4

Ya nice to see you here and the whole family's evolved.

I grew up in southern Ontario (Misseryssauqa) but move to BC 1993 there are some nice things about Ontario though I haven't been back in 15 years :)

It can get hot and HUMID (don't miss that).

Edited by filterx

Welcome to TT.

You'll find a wealth of information and a lot of great people. If you ever need any help regarding the site, please feel free to call on a moderator, we are here to help. Many are experts in some of the machines and technologies. My specialty is sammiches. ;)

Nice to see an entire family of happy riders.

• Like 3

Thanks for the warm welcomes, yea flip flops just for the pics lol