E.T. Hates America

@BBA Has been saying his dad is a blessing heart lib for several years so I'm not surprised he wouldn't represent us this year and hero bring the trophy back to where it belongs.  

http://motocross.transworld.net/news/2017-motocross-nations-eli-tomac-out/?sm_id=organic_fb_social_MTCRS_170729_sf102215950#sf102215950#1p2ZpJr7tafllutY.97

I read that earlier this morning. Disappointing news. It's unfortunate that team Green wont shuffle his commitments (drop the conflicting GP race) to allow his to represent. Who knows, perhaps that's why he made the comment he did. He didn't say that he wasn't going to race the MXDN, he just said that his schedule wouldn't allow it. I wonder if we'll even have anyone who physically CAN race by the time the season's over!!! I hear Weimer and Mookie are both healthy.

• Like 3

The Nations are a shake down.  The promoter and the track owner  are the only people  winning that game.  Risking it for zero return is insane.

Screw that exhibition race!  It means nothing anymore. 

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

@BBA Has been saying his dad is a blessing heart lib for several years so I'm not surprised he wouldn't represent us this year and hero bring the trophy back to where it belongs.  

http://motocross.transworld.net/news/2017-motocross-nations-eli-tomac-out/?sm_id=organic_fb_social_MTCRS_170729_sf102215950#sf102215950#1p2ZpJr7tafllutY.97

He's learned from the great RD who pussed out the last several years

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, RMZ819 said:

The Nations are a shake down.  The promoter and the track owner  are the only people  winning that game.  Risking it for zero return is insane.

you could say that about supercross, superbowl, world series, erzberg etc etc,   strictly commercial

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, RMZ819 said:

Agreed.  The riders get dick and risk injury just to pad the pockets of the race promoter / track owner.  The riders have finally wised up and realize how there is zero incentive.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KTMRider4Life said:

How short your memory is Squidward....so sad.....

Speaking of France's National Anthem, we hope that Ryan Dungey enjoyed listening to the song from the comfort of his couch because he is, in our opinion, the reason that the American team didn't take the overall victory. No disrespect to Team USA—the Yamaha-mounted trio of Webb, Martin, and Barcia rode their hearts out—but it would have been nice for the 450 Supercross and National Champ to have joined the squad. We realize that the 2015 season was a long one for Dungey, and ultimately it's up to him if he wants to compete in off-season races such as the MXoN. But how many more opportunities is Dungey going to have to fly the flag for his country? His inclusion on the team—whether it be in place of Martin or Webb—could have likely carded the few points needed to close the gap on France for the #1 spot. Again, Dungey is a grown man and can decide for himself what he does with his time, but it's hard not to feel like he let the country down.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, highmarker said:

you could say that about supercross, superbowl, world series, erzberg etc etc,   strictly commercial

MXdN riders get peanuts.  Not even kind of the same thing.  

• Like 1

As long as I still get to watch him against cairoli and herlings at the GP then who cares 

• Like 2

Just now, GoRide2 said:

As long as I still get to watch him against cairoli and herlings at the GP then who cares 

I'm surprised that you aren't a fan of Muskrat.  He's French, so that ticks the box on foreigner.

1 minute ago, redrider144 said:

I'm surprised that you aren't a fan of Muskrat.  He's French, so that ticks the box on foreigner.

I liked Pourcel because he was awesome. There's nothing interesting about Marvin 

23 minutes ago, M1Garand said:

He's learned from the great RD who pussed out the last several years

It's sad how hypocritical the KTM / Dungey gobblers are.    

• Like 2

Just now, GoRide2 said:

I liked Pourcel because he was awesome. There's nothing interesting about Marvin 

Marvin seems to be good at taking unconventional smooth lines and still hauling ass, just like Pourcel.  He's also French, just like Pourcel.  Basically the same person right?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, highmarker said:

Riders get payed to race SX and the Nationals. Not so much to race this exhibition race. 

• Like 2

The old days where it meant something to riders are long gone apparently. Me, Myself and I seem to be the more important issues in the modern age. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, DEMI said:

The old days where it meant something to riders are long gone apparently. Me, Myself and I seem to be the more important issues in the modern age. 

Those selfish riders....no longer willing to risk injury racing for free....I tell ya!

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Those selfish riders....no longer willing to risk injury racing for free....I tell ya!

So what makes it different now versus then????  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DEMI said:

So what makes it different now versus then????  

Back then riders and teams let patriotism cloud their judgement and mask the scam that was / is MXdN.

Think about the red scare / Joseph McCarthy.  No way he'd be able to pull that shit off today.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Back then riders and teams let patriotism cloud their judgement and mask the scam that was / is MXdN.

Think about the red scare / Joseph McCarthy.  No way he'd be able to pull that shit off today.

Are you saying that the 86 MXdN was Red Scared based??? Are you F'n serious....as if they had nothing to lose by going to that race, they were nobodies. RV and his performance, Lamson...yeah fear of the red scurge and McCarthy.

Edited by DEMI
  • Like 1