Best safety motocross boots

After a recent foot injury I decided to invest money into some good motocross boots. I really don’t care that much about the weight but I care about the protection the boot provides. The riding I do is trails/enduro riding and some say I ride hard and fast. I don’t have a lot of money (like 250$ max) but don’t mind used boots. I heard about the Graene boots like the gx-1 or sg12 but am wondering about the safety.

I have a pair of sg10s and they work great. I just got a pair of the new tcx evo Michelin motocross boots. Expensive in states but looked around and got em from overseas, probably about 200 cheaper free shipping and they're really comfortable with really good protection

• Like 2

If you don't mind used boots buy the best used boots you can find, 500-600 dollar boots are 200ish used.

I bought a used pair of forma dominators 7-8 years ago and they just fell apart a month or so ago, I couldn't afford new top of the line boots but could afford used ones.

I replaced them with alpine star tech 1 boots as 250 bucks Canadian was all I wanted to spend on boots, they're nice but don't have the same level of protection the full hinged boots did.

You can get the hinged forma terrain tx boots for close to 250 us, they're good boots. If you want the best protection get a hinged boot.

Well good news! I just came back from the doctor and turns out I didn’t break my foot! Only sprang it, but man is it swollen. But I’d probably go with some type of graene, I head they are very long lasting. I’ll try to find some used or close out on a SG10 or sg12.

I hit something Sat with my SG12 boot and it hurt a couple seconds.  On the next lap I slowed down and saw is was a 15ft log 5" dia poking out into the trail.  Good boots for sure!

I hit something Sat with my SG12 boot and it hurt a couple seconds.  On the next lap I slowed down and saw is was a 15ft log 5" dia poking out into the trail.  Good boots for sure!

Expensive ones too
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, 93rm125P said:

Expensive ones too emoji106.png

For years I used to use Thor Quadrant, $99 boot.  They stopped making that model and I went with the Thor Ratchet a couple pair, but they always fit too small. I saw the SG12 on closeout last year at RMATV for $360 free shipping and snatch em up..

• Like 1

I had a pair of Gaerne SG10 boots that I just couldn't seem to kill. A little heavy, but very comfy and solid protection. I'd find a lightly used pair. One thing I liked about them is the protection at the back of the calf that some boots seem to lack. Checkout the TT classifieds...

https://thumpertalk.com/classifieds/category/1-powersports-gear-apparel/

• Like 1

I recently started running the SG12's. I've had a bike fall on my foot while my foot was perpendicular to it. On impact (before I had time to feel pain), I thought "&%$#@! here goes a broken foot".

It did absolutely nothing to my foot. The protection is 2nd to none IMO.

• Like 2

I had a pair of Gaerne SG10 boots that I just couldn't seem to kill. A little heavy, but very comfy and solid protection. I'd find a lightly used pair. One thing I liked about them is the protection at the back of the calf that some boots seem to lack. Checkout the TT classifieds...
https://thumpertalk.com/classifieds/category/1-powersports-gear-apparel/

I forgot about the ThumperTalk classifieds, I be sure to check it out to find some SG10 or sg12
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 93rm125P said:

I forgot about the ThumperTalk classifieds, I be sure to check it out to find some SG10 or sg12 emoji106.png

You can subscribe to just the gear section, so you'll be alerted to new listings. Worth a shot. That's where I sold my used SG10 's

• Like 1

So I hear •Forma Terrain EVO, •tcx evo Michelin. Which one would you say last the longest?

Tcx evo are fairly new to the market,I think. But the formas are really good from what I hear. Friend I ride with has a pair, still there for a back up. But he went through quite a few pairs shopping for new boots and settled on sg12s above even sidis

I just started riding in the TCX Comp EVO Michelins. So far so good! The protection is solid and probably a bit better than my Gaerne SG10 with the full hinged  ankle. But, not cheap!
20170623_134812%5B1%5D.jpg.c51c6ffb47f98cc672a0e741fc0c5cd8.jpg

Looks good but I don’t like that the sole is molded on not stitched like the sg10 or sg12