Yz250f valves tightening

Hello guys I have a mint condition 2014 yz250f. Recently about 3 rides ago my bike steadily got harder to start and eventually would not start. Adjusted valves and she's back to brand new. 2 track days later second one being today the bike runs perfect all day starting first kick with no problems. I get it home and it won't start, it bump started but clearly gave me the exact symptoms of valves being off. just measured the valves and the intake valves are complety tight at 0mm and the exhausts are a fudge over the limit being loose at .25mm. Why are these valve clearances doing this and moving so far apart and so fast? Like 4 hours on a fresh valve adjustment and it's already way out of Wack. I need help! 

Time for new valves. Their coating is gone and they are stretching in a short amount of time. I'd check the air box to see if it's letting dirt in somewhere.

• Like 1

probably wise not to ride it - if your keepers are shot a valve could let go - all over red rover.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BIG_FAT_&_SLOW said:

Just buy one valves. Get a local with head experience to cut your seats and rock out

Do you know anyone on the east coast that knows what they're doing?

I haven't had the best of luck with the places I've used.

Next time I'm sending mine to Engine Dynamics in California.

BTW I bet the OP had dirt get past his air filter.

Call Dave at MXTime. Very knowledgeable and helpful. You can buy your own parts to him and he will put it all together or let him do the complete job with his parts. Fast turnaround. Call and he will give you your options with prices.

Sent from my SM-G900T using ThumperTalk mobile app