info on montesa 314r?

Hi all ! I just came across a pretty beat up 314r...I'm looking for any and all info on this bike so I can get it back in shape.

Needs a new top end, suspension fluids (anyone have capacities? ) and basically just grease and go over everything.

Will a standard cr250 gasket kit work?  how about piston/rings?...jug says 261cc...

How about plastics? Any chance those still exist out there?

That's a tough one. May have to search euro sites for parts. The CR gaskets won't fit since there is no power valve. I think the bore and stroke is also different. 

On the forks, I believe they are Paioli so you can look up the older Sherco's or Beta's for info on those. 

Thanks for the tips!  didn't know the older bikes had those forks too...will look into it...this bike seems to be a sasquatch when it comes to finding info on it!...I'd kill for a basic manual!

Noticed the lack of power valve...weird

18 hours ago, gunn673 said:

Thanks for the tips!  didn't know the older bikes had those forks too...will look into it...this bike seems to be a sasquatch when it comes to finding info on it!...I'd kill for a basic manual!

Noticed the lack of power valve...weird

Yeah it's a pretty rare bike. Not many where brought into the US, I think I've only seen one in person. Motor parts should be pretty much the same as a 315 I believe. There's still lots of 315's around. However motor parts here could still be hard to find as most trials top ends last as long as the bike! 

Well...thinking I'll at least need rings...what's a good compression reading for these bikes do you think?  this one is 50psi...but went up to 80 when I put a squirt of oil into the cylinder.

• 1 month later...