How to identify engine problem for yz450f

Hi , 

when i rev the engine  hard, sometimes i see very little blue smoke  , wondering how can i identify the problem ? is it a serious problem and i should fixed it as soon as i can !? or should i wait and run the engine till i got any other sign or get smokey engine !? 

1.the engine has not lost any power and doesn't have any extra noises.

2. I have 20hours on the piston ( changed by previous owner) but i dont know if was really changed or not.

Stop reving the engine hard standing still, especially when the engine is cold. Not good.

Blue smoke is oil.

It could be several issues, but most likely it is normal wear in the head and cylinder allowing some oil to pass.

Heads need service, so you might want to dismantle it and spec the components, but if it is old or has hundreds of hours, (you did not mention a year, or hours) it would be time for that.

It is normal for the motor to consume a small amount of oil, say 1-5cc per hour, depending on many things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THE KRAN said:

Stop reving the engine hard standing still, especially when the engine is cold. Not good.

Blue smoke is oil.

It could be several issues, but most likely it is normal wear in the head and cylinder allowing some oil to pass.

Heads need service, so you might want to dismantle it and spec the components, but if it is old or has hundreds of hours, (you did not mention a year, or hours) it would be time for that.

It is normal for the motor to consume a small amount of oil, say 1-5cc per hour, depending on many things.

I have changed the oil recently and have some extra oil on engine ( approximately 50-80cc) and wondering if it can be the cause of the problem !? 

I have a 2011 YZ450f and total hours on the bike is 112h  , previous owner changed the piston(at 90h) , 2 valves and chain adjustment. 

tanx for the info , but i dont know how to spec engine component ( am a beginner and this is my first motocross ). i appreciate if you can put some youtube link for YZ450F.