Tire/Tube combo question

Hey guys, first off not real sure if i posted this in the right section so I apologize if i chose wrong. Im looking for some experience input on the tubliss system, or any other possible tube options. Also rear tire options. I know there is probably a lot on this topic but kind of want some input based on my specific situation. I ride basically all northern Michigan ORV trials at this point for any of you familiar with them. For those not familiar my terrain is basically all soft/sandy with some roots and rocks occasionally thrown in. I like the idea of being able to run low pressures on the tubliss system. Obviously it comes down to personal preference but looking for some help on a good starting point based on some fellow riders experiences. My bike is an 01 yz426f if anyone wants that info. Thank you all.

Edited by Yrider93
adding info

I like Michelin the mh3 lasted 7 years sadly there not made anymore running the star cross 5 medium and its great.

One dude on here is crazy about kenda tires.

Michelin kenda or maxxis seem the popular on here.

i use ultra heavy duty tubes on my 450. im saving money for tubliss i have heard great things.

i usually run about 15 psi in mine just to make sure to avoid pinch flats.

I would think that harder pressures would work better on soft terrain to allow the tire to bite into the ground.  We use soft tires on hard terrain to allow the tire to flatten out and grip the ground.

As to pressures, we've been running 6-7 psi in the rear for years and have never had a pinch flat.  This is on terrain that is full of sharp rocks and tree roots.

*SAMCRF35* same here on the tubliss heard great things and read great things, 15 psi is where i was at on my last ride for the same thought on the pinch flat.

• Like 1

*CDNSXV* I agree with you on the higher pressure getting down to good ground for traction, but what about the real sandy parts of the trail almost like the dunes? Wouldn't you want the same low pressure effect to stay on top instead of the rear tire being all squirly? Now when your running 6-7 psi is that on a standard tube? I used to ride a yz250 in these trails at about 11 psi just nervous of going much lower.