Help Calibrating Gauge Cluster

I’ve installed an Acewell 6502 digital/analog gauge cluster on my DRZ. There are a number of user defined options on this gauge package and I wanted to get some input.

There is a warning for upper and lower voltage. I was thinking of setting this to 14.8 for the high setting and 13.0 for the low. Is 13.0 too low for a lower range? BTW, I'm running a Li On battery.

There is a warning for high coolant temperature. Does 240 F sound about right?

The rpm needs to be calibrated. On my initial run of the bike the rpm looks dead on, but I just want to confirm some information.  I have the unit set as one revolution equals one spark – assuming that we have a waste spark ignition. Otherwise it should be set as two revolutions equals one spark.

Does anyone happen to know how many revolutions the speedometer cable turns per one wheel revolution? This would save me the hassle of having to calibrate this on my own.

Although I didn't get any responses to my questions but I thought I'd provide answers in case someone comes across this thread in a search.

I went with a lower voltage warning of 13.2VDC because that is the nominal voltage of a Li On battery. If the system drops below this value something must be wrong. The low warning shuts off at 13.4VDC because the idle output is above 13.5VDC. I have a high alert set at 14.8VDC. So the way it works, if my key is on but the engine isn't running I get a low voltage warning (I also can see the voltage prior to start). As soon as the engine starts the warning goes away.

The OEM temperature sensor is set for 243F (117C) so I used 240F as my high temp value.

The DRZ400 is a waste spark system, so there is a spark impulse for every crank revolution.

I'm gonna have to get the front tire off the ground (not as easy as it sounds with an RS4 exhaust) to calibrate the speedometer sensor. If using a reed sensor (magnet) it's calibrated by wheel circumference, but because I'm using a Hall effect sensor I need to know the number of cable revolutions per wheel revolution. Since I'm running an 18" front wheel my value will be different from those running a 21 or 17 front wheel. The sensor type doesn't matter (54600-29F00 or 54600-29F10) because I'm going to tell the system the exact number to use.

Edited by Gary in NJ

If you have a hand held GPS I recommend you use that to calibrate the speedo. I did like you propose and input the calculated number and it was still off by a mile, but that was with an Acewell speedo. Using the GPS I set it spot on at 55 mph (I think, I've been riding without a speedo for a couple/few years now).

Edited by ptgarcia

The cable turns exactly three times for each wheel revolution. With this figure input into the -6502 I now get an accurate speedometer reading.