Barcia's dirt nap

any updates on Justin...I didn't get to watch the second moto, so I was just wondering if he is OK or if he is going to miss the remainder ?

Last I heard he was out of the hospital and healing up. He went down hard and had to be taken off on a stretcher. I hope He comes back soon.

it looked brutal that's for sure...

I only got to see a you-tube vid of his crash and it was rather distant...no stretcher, no comment on condition..

Ironic how Justin and Ken used to boast to each other, I guess that now they can from the side line...!

3 hours ago, Shields164 said:

Last I heard he was out of the hospital and healing up. He went down hard and had to be taken off on a stretcher. I hope He comes back soon.

When a rider is knocked out, I wish they would stay out for two weeks or more.   I wouldn't blame Barcia or his team for having him sit out the remainder of the season.   The NFL is finding out just how bad concussions mess up a person.

Not a fan of Barcia's blocking and cross jumping.   He was amusing holding off Tomac, Suzie got really wide and how he picked the right line to cut off Tomac was a work of art.   I hope he takes the time to come back healed.

• Like 2

We'll see a concussion protocol eventually, it would be in the riders best interest 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Shields164 said:

We'll see a concussion protocol eventually, it would be in the riders best interest 

To define a distinct black and white line about what qualifies as a concussion, there is too much gray area.. get it...gray area...  I kill me!

But seriously how would it work? Mandatory barium contrast CT scan after every crash where the head is involved?  Even then, 1% of the brain brused, 5%?

• Like 5

The testing will be up to doctors and other medical professionals. It's a matter of time until we see some type of testing and rules after a crash involving the head. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

So Barcia picked up a monster slut?   That's what I learned I'm this thread. 

I learned that he was better on blue :smirk:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

We may see if he's better on Orange.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GBowman said:

We may see if he's better on Orange.

not so subtle hint?

5 minutes ago, DEMI said:

not so subtle hint?

It's not a done deal yet, but it's being talked about.

Just now, GBowman said:

It's not a done deal yet, but it's being talked about.

A mild surprise? 

17 minutes ago, DEMI said:

A mild surprise? 

When I heard about it I was mildly surprised, yes. But then who else are they going to go after, there's nobody available that's any faster. Like I said it's not done yet, there is resistance to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shields164 said:

The testing will be up to testicle deficient medical professionals. It's just a matter of time until we see some Sally make a rule involving the head injuries 

'Fixed it for you :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GBowman said:

When I heard about it I was mildly surprised, yes. But then who else are they going to go after, there's nobody available that's any faster. Like I said it's not done yet, there is resistance to it.

It might work out well for him. He may need that kind of program to help him put all the pieces together. He has speed, there is no doubt about it. He just can't go fast for very long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GBowman said:

Mildly off topic, please say someone is going to step up and continue with Bogle

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Historically he is best on red...

Edited by daled
  • Like 1