CR 85 Backfires and wont start

I was driving down my dirtroad and i ran out of gas i pushed it back to my house then put gas in it it wouldnt start so i thought it was flooded fast forward 1 day i try to start it but it just backfires

I dont know the ratio my friend brought over so im gonna call him and ask i think he uses 32 and i use 40

1 minute ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

You were running down the road , (which is hard on a 2 stroke), and it ran out of gas,(which means it also ran out of oil)...how does the compression feel?

Sent from my XT1650 using ThumperTalk mobile app

i was going extremely slow it was just to get to my friends house but the compression is good

If his gas is fresh and the oil is the same base you use, full syn, semi syn, bean oil etc, your bike should start up ok. Check your plug after you try to start it. It should be wet but not dripping. If it is dripping gas pull your pipe off and see if there is fuel in it. If there is dump it all out and start kicking the bike to get all the fuel out. If it is all dry, I would look at your petcock filter. If you ran it dry you might have pulled dirt or sediment into your petcock screen. Just pull the fuel line and see if you have full flow. You might have sheared the keyway in your rotor. I have a vintage bike that will do that after a couple backfires. The bike will have spark but will be out of time. And as someone else said you might have seized it running it dry.

35 minutes ago, SMarquez said:

If his gas is fresh and the oil is the same base you use, full syn, semi syn, bean oil etc, your bike should start up ok. Check your plug after you try to start it. It should be wet but not dripping. If it is dripping gas pull your pipe off and see if there is fuel in it. If there is dump it all out and start kicking the bike to get all the fuel out. If it is all dry, I would look at your petcock filter. If you ran it dry you might have pulled dirt or sediment into your petcock screen. Just pull the fuel line and see if you have full flow. You might have sheared the keyway in your rotor. I have a vintage bike that will do that after a couple backfires. The bike will have spark but will be out of time. And as someone else said you might have seized it running it dry.

it was the plug the plug was in such bad condition it runs now