2018 crf250

I'm stoked to hear more about this bike and to see it in mx. Seems like Honda has made a serious stride forward with there 250s. 

Bike should be pretty good... forum people that know it all are already pissing and moaning however about the weight, complexity, etc. Without a single test/review. We want innovation and development, wait that is scary and somewhat different and "I believe" it is dumb. Haha, the polarization certain bikes/brands bring.

• Like 2

If Honda would get rid of the twin mufflers and now twin exhaust, they might actually be the lightest bike out there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mudd94 said:

There's an aftermarket kit to make it single exhaust right?  I mean, no one buying a 2018 mx bike is going to run the stock pipe right

Why not?

If the engine is good as is why modify it? If they are going to stick with the twin muffler setup they might as well run twin exhaust ports 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, meyermetal said:

Why not?

If the engine is good as is why modify it? If they are going to stick with the twin muffler setup they might as well run twin exhaust ports 

that would drive up the cost $$$ and not add much bling.

Great to see Honda having a hard go at getting back some MX sales market share.

Bummer for Honda they've left this 4 stroke MX R&D so late and handed so much market over to KTM (orange or white).

I wish they'd put some effort back into their CR125 and 250 2 strokes. Just imagine.  I know ... here we go again with the 2 stroke talk. Just that they'd sell 1000s of them, and bla bla bla.  

Junior MX and offroad is a european brand owned market now. CRF150R and CRF450X. Bad jokes.  Poor Honda. 

33 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Looks like the guys at honda just copied Bartolinis TM but painted it red !!!!

s1200_ValkenswaardPitBits_16_of_31.jpg

Honda had twin exhaust port heads when the TM designers were still in diapers:

Honda%20XR%20250R%201985b.jpg

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Mudd94 said:

I mean, no one buying a 2018 mx bike is going to run the stock pipe right

If thinking performance and not bling factor, I think that applies less and less with current 4 strokes.

For this 250F with true dual system imagine how many tires, chains, sprockets, filters and hours on the track you could buy for the same cost of replacing that setup!  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

The twin pipe thang seems silly unless it can do somthing valuble that the single simply cannot do.

• Like 1

TM still only has 1 exhaust port and the pipe is the splitter. 

If this doesnt boost power beyond everything already on the market I dont think this is going to stay. Sure in theory its a great solution but manufactors have been giving us "theory solutions" like bringing back air forks before and its going away again.

All you guys are stuck on the twin exhaust ports

What about the twin cams?? Nobody noticed?

Untitled.jpg

Edited by meyermetal
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, meyermetal said:

All you guys are stuck on the twin exhaust ports

What about the twin cams?? Nobody noticed?

Untitled.jpg

No that was the first thing I noticed. In order to get to 14,000+ rpm and 40++ HP with any reliability this was likely necessary. BUT now we may have an even higher strung motor. If the twin pipe allows that high rpm high power character WITH a usable low to mid then OK . But if it makes no difference then it needs to go.

BTW Yamaha is the only manufacture getting serious about tucking the single in. Kawasaki is the worst execution. The twin can arraignment does have ONE good purpose. In fact its one that is completely opposite of what most believe. The twin can uses by far the shortest cans. They stick out the rear the least and as a result the twin can is actually LESS susceptible to damage than the singles. Exactly opposite of what most are reporting.

Edited by lowmass
  • Like 1