KTM 250 JETTING SUZUKI NEEDLE REVIEW

I decided to try the Suzuki needle in my 2015 SX and yes it is the go i was so impressed with it so here is my review and settings for anybody having trouble,

0-1500 FEET (80 deg)

NEDDLE: NECJ 3rd clip 

PILOT: 40

MAIN: 170

AIR SCREW 1.5

This combo was ridden in tight single trails & then also tested in open flat out terrain plug checks were do both times and plug was perfect (dark brown to golden brown)

Then went to 2800 FEET (50 deg)  same style of tracks didn't change anything and it was the same.

The power delivery was super smooth from bottom to top no burble anywhere what so ever, even if your a flat out mx track rider i would still go with this combo, interesting my buddy has the same bike with the JD jetting kit and it was no where near as good as this combo he had slight hesitation and burble in the tight single trails and plug was black, this was done on a low hour (7hr) KTM 250 SX if this combo doesn't work for your bike i would say you might have problems elsewhere.

So if you have this bike just go with this combo and save yourself the headache, just remember clean hands when doing jetting or you might meet throttle stick man one day!

Edited by throttle violence
  • Like 4

Suzuki needles work well in everything , I have run a NECW in my kx250 in clip 2 and 3 , clip 2 was ever so slightly lean so I now run a NEDJ in clip 2 (same as NECJ clip 2.5 ) and it is Awesome at sea level to 1500 ft 60f -100f , I also run the exact same jetting in a ktm 200 exc 

• Like 2

On 8/1/2017 at 6:09 PM, kxrob said:

Suzuki needles work well in everything , I have run a NECW in my kx250 in clip 2 and 3 , clip 2 was ever so slightly lean so I now run a NEDJ in clip 2 (same as NECJ clip 2.5 ) and it is Awesome at sea level to 1500 ft 60f -100f , I also run the exact same jetting in a ktm 200 exc 

Yep. I did a straight swap of my NEDW straight into the 150 for shits and giggles. Works good. Needs fine tuning, a little sputtery at high revs low throttle openings.

But off the bottom at any opening its smooth and tractable, on top 1/2 to WOT its the proverbial raped ape. 200 is better again, so smooth its actually boring unless riding single track or practicing techniques.

• Like 1

On 01/08/2017 at 6:39 PM, kxrob said:

NEDJ you reckon? what pilot & main?

Just now, throttle violence said:

DO you have 2015 model how do you find the forks?

Then I will leave it. Its not like its running bad, bad rather too rich. 

I have the CC forks revalved and I like it. The midstroke harschness is gone and better bottoming resistance. I like them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wessmen said:

Then I will leave it. Its not like its running bad, bad rather too rich. 

I have the CC forks revalved and I like it. The midstroke harschness is gone and better bottoming resistance. I like them.

I have tried more KTM 250SX jetting combos than i can remember and what we have is the best