What big bore is this??

Just picked up a used 2005 DRZ400sm last week. Previous owner said it was a big bore. Anybody know what make it is? Also, the bike has a full FMF exhaust that backfires a lot when rolling off, just wondering if there is an easy way to tell if the carb was re-jetted before I buy a jet kit.

20170726_154551.jpg

Edited by ajwillson

Just a guess but I'm going to say a no name eBay cylinder or maybe Namura. Cylinder Works are cast exactly like stock and the aluminum is darker, again like stock. Athena's say Athena and Max RPM Ice Cube cylinders look nothing like that.

Pull the needle out of the carb, the stocker isn't adjustable. If yours has adjustable clip position than someone already put a jet kit in. You can fine tune if needed with genuine main or pilot jets.

Sent from my XT1650 using ThumperTalk mobile app

Don't have a pic of this but Suzuki uses a foundry mark that looks a bit like a clock.  It's used to track the pour.  My CW barrel has a similar marking but no time stamp.

Mine was early '16 and didn't look at all like that grey , it was more like the posters only is now blue so can't take a picture to show what it was. Color obviously isn't a way to distinguish between the makes . It looked like the one here , http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cylinder-Works-Big-Bore-Cylinder-Kit-434cc-41001-K01-/232354794270?epid=171203156&hash=item36196ccb1e:g:ixIAAOSwK6RZLhyr&vxp=mtr , though I had gotten a stroker kit through BPR.

Edited by jjktmrider