Tx300 or fx450

Hey guys I'm in the market for a new bike and I'm trying to decide between a husky tx300 and a fx450. I've owned a 09 yz250 and a 2010 ktm 250sx and I like the lightweight and easy rebuild of a 2 stroke, but I'm also interested in the power and maybe fuel economy? Of a 4 stroke, I'm just not so sure about checking valve clearances or rebuilding it myself.are 450s really that much heavier and harder to work on that 2 strokes? Also what are the costs of operation? I'm looking to ride the track with my buddies as well as some after work woods/hill/open field riding. What do you guys think, any opinions would be appreciated

I have both. The TX is easier to work on and parts are cheaper. Turns better than the FX, but isn't as planted. The TX works better in the woods than the FX, but is a great all around bike for any terrain.

The FX is obviously heavier and has more rotating mass. It still handles well, but is more tiring to ride. It flames out from time to time, while the TX just won't die. I like the FX better in the sand as it's more planted. 

You can't go wrong with either.

• Like 1

Lightweight, easy rebuilds, bottom end power, I believe the TX is the bike I knew I wanted all along. I'll see for sure Saturday when I go to the dealer. Thanks for your input

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using ThumperTalk mobile app

Just went through a similar comparison myself and ended up getting the FX 350. A lot less work in the tight stuff than the 450, no carb/pre-mix to deal with and still has PLENTY of power. And the traction control is pretty damn sweet, too. 

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 3:24 PM, Sateoronies said:

Lightweight, easy rebuilds, bottom end power, I believe the TX is the bike I knew I wanted all along. I'll see for sure Saturday when I go to the dealer. Thanks for your input

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using ThumperTalk mobile app

Weight as posted is 7lbs between the two. Not much at all when picking up the bike but riding weight will/should be different based on rotating mass. The 450 should have the same or more bottom end power and somewhat tunable if needed. It really comes down to are you a 2t or 4t guy???

Just went through a similar comparison myself and ended up getting the FX 350. A lot less work in the tight stuff than the 450, no carb/pre-mix to deal with and still has PLENTY of power. And the traction control is pretty damn sweet, too. 

I have the fx350 and came from a KTM300 2smoke. I can with a certain say that the 350 is far easier to ride with the linear power. My times have improved drastically. The 2 maps are awesome and I find myself using map 2 with traction control. The bike is planted and rips.