Dr 350 1991 lost compression

Before I go taking the bike apart I forgot to mention that before I had the bike running then it all of a sudden stopped working... but when it was working the kill switch stopped working for some reason I am not sure why... and so I would let the engine turn off by turning the petcoc to off because the kill switch didn't work 

Before I go taking the bike apart I forgot to mention that before I had the bike running then it all of a sudden stopped working... but when it was working the kill switch stopped working for some reason I am not sure why... and so I would let the engine turn off by turning the petcoc to off because the kill switch didn't work 
It's much easier to stall the bike instead of turning off the petcock. Simply put it in gear, hold the brakes on and slowly let out the clutch to kill it.

8 minutes ago, hscarborough said:
33 minutes ago, SmashingTrees said:

It's much easier to stall the bike instead of turning off the petcock. Simply put it in gear, hold the brakes on and slowly let out the clutch to kill it.

Okay so it wasn't that... yeah I will buy a gasket and post some pics and see if yall can help me out seeing something wrong I don't see 

On Thursday, August 03, 2017 at 6:58 PM, hscarborough said:
On Thursday, August 03, 2017 at 6:32 PM, SmashingTrees said:

After my bike not running for a couple of days it started in one kick and didn't want to idle with the choke all the way out... then I adjusted the idle screw it ran well... then turned it off and on once.. then after I turned it off again it didn't want to start anymore.. I have not messed with the kick start or engine yet and don't think I will just yet not sure what the problem is 

• 1 year later...
On 8/1/2017 at 10:21 PM, SmashingTrees said:

So my bike is weird because when I have the choke off the bike has almost no compression but with the choke all the way out I have perfect compression 

Was going to comment, then I noticed this post was from 2017.  Just wondering if the issue you had was related to a failing intake valve.  Sounded kind of like when you put the choke on it may have been blocking some of the compression loss you were having that may have been leaking through the intake valves.  Just curious if that was the issue, or what you found out to be the problem.