Gas resistant/ heat resistant gasket maker

where my jug sits on the case there is a leak. gas seeps out and the bike will hardly run. i had a brand new gasket in there, so i took it off and put some gasket maker stuff around there and i worked , bike ran awesome, but it only lasted so long. what are my options ??????

silicone gasket maker is no good in fuel situations the fuel degrades the silicone. best I can think of is to get the old base gasket out in one piece if you can and get some thick gasket paper. trace the old gasket and cut out your own. a thicker gasket paper should compress more and apply more pressure to the cylinder and crank case as well as take up any uneven surfaces.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gasket-Paper-0-8mm-x-300mm-x-1000mm-Petrol-Oil-Resistance-0-8-/120886657989?hash=item1c256803c5:m:m-OEYGQn8np4Y6K3TOmjYAA

as an example....guessing its a 2 stroke??

interesting  have never seen that seal all before.... and its fuel proof????  they sure don't sell that stuff here at least not that iv seen il have to look that up on ebay...cheers

First, find out why it is not sealing. Fix the problem, do not apply band aid solutions.

The only acceptable sealant is ThreeBond. And you should not use it to fix this. You have to find out what s wrong. Make/Model/Year/History?

25 minutes ago, William1 said:

First, find out why it is not sealing. Fix the problem, do not apply band aid solutions.

The only acceptable sealant is ThreeBond. And you should not use it to fix this. You have to find out what s wrong. Make/Model/Year/History?

i bought a used jug and it looks like they grinded it a little bit to remove the old gasket or somthing

2 hours ago, vicxr400 said:

silicone gasket maker is no good in fuel situations the fuel degrades the silicone. best I can think of is to get the old base gasket out in one piece if you can and get some thick gasket paper. trace the old gasket and cut out your own. a thicker gasket paper should compress more and apply more pressure to the cylinder and crank case as well as take up any uneven surfaces.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gasket-Paper-0-8mm-x-300mm-x-1000mm-Petrol-Oil-Resistance-0-8-/120886657989?hash=item1c256803c5:m:m-OEYGQn8np4Y6K3TOmjYAA

as an example....guessing its a 2 stroke??

would that be the same as if i just bought 2 gaskets? and yes its 2 stroke.

no two gaskets = 3 places to leak instead of two. best to just cut a thicker one or try some thing like this with a new gasket.

https://www.permatex.com/products/gasketing/gasket-sealants/permatex-high-tack-gasket-sealant/

there has to be damage to the mating surface of the cylinder or cases or some thing is warped or mis aligned. have you put a strait edge across the surfaces????

id have to remove the jug at the moment, eventually when i get time i could post a pic.

I would use the seal, you may have just gotten a bad one not to mention clearance differences between the head and piston without it

On 8/1/2017 at 6:49 AM, Greenwrench said:

New base gasket , spray both sides with this , then torque to spec should not leak Screenshot_20170801-064743.png

Sent from my Moto G (4) using ThumperTalk mobile app

gonna try this, ......................................... i used this stuff the first time

fam_img_383.jpg