Help Plz 450 or 250 2 stroke?

Hi, I currently have a 2012 KX450F and I am a advanced rider, I have riden 4 strokes most of my life and never really thought of getting a 2 stroke but at the moment I have the chance to swap my 450 for a 2014 YZ250 2 Stroke, what do you guys think I should do, I have riden a few 2 strokes and quite liked them but i just can't decide, any advice?

For dilemmas like this I consort my magic 8 ball. I asked mine for you and it said yes... so you really should get the YZ.

If you are concerned about getting the best MX lap times you can, most likely your 450f will suit you better. It just seems to take more effort a energy to try and keep up with a capable 450 rider on a 250 smoker. Some people can do it consistently, but I am not one of them.

However my view is this. I want a 450, but have to have a 250 2t. The 250 is ALWAYS enjoyable for me. On super hot days I appreciate a lighter bike. Also I feel like I should have to shift some gears at least a few times to make it around a track. Wrenching on the bike no problem at all.

Just some thoughts.

Sent from my SM-J320P using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Metal and Dirt said:

For dilemmas like this I consort my magic 8 ball. I asked mine for you and it said yes... so you really should get the YZ.

If you are concerned about getting the best MX lap times you can, most likely your 450f will suit you better. It just seems to take more effort a energy to try and keep up with a capable 450 rider on a 250 smoker. Some people can do it consistently, but I am not one of them.

However my view is this. I want a 450, but have to have a 250 2t. The 250 is ALWAYS enjoyable for me. On super hot days I appreciate a lighter bike. Also I feel like I should have to shift some gears at least a few times to make it around a track. Wrenching on the bike no problem at all.

Just some thoughts.

Sent from my SM-J320P using ThumperTalk mobile app

I don't really care about lap times that much, I just want something that is enjoyable to ride and fast when you need it to be, I like riding MX, trails and some enduro but idk I'll keep thinking about it but I'm heading more towards the 2 smoker just because I think it might suit me better

• Like 1