2006 RMZ250 timing

If I'm adjusting the timing on my rmz 250 and the timing is slightly or barely off, will it start? If it will would it get damaged over time or something? I just wanted to know just in case I timed it slightly wrong on accident.

Ignition timing?  Would have to be pretty far off to cause significant problems.  It will start if its even close.  If it is advanced the motor will likely run hot and detonate under load, which will cause engine damage.  If the timing is retarded the bike will be down on power.  If your motor is like all the others I've ever worked on you have a stator plate with grooves corresponding to a mark on the cases.  Should be very hard to do incorrectly.

When i was assembling, i checked TDC with a screwdriver, the flywheel mark, and i lined up the dots on the cam gears with the chain and had 12 cam chain pins distance between the cam gear dots like it said in the manual. The manual said to have the other set of dots lined with the cylinder head surface. While the piston was in TDC everything was lined up but the dot on the cam gear was like 1 mm above the surface, but the cam lobes looked perfectly lined up and when i tried to make the dots level the lobes looked off. The bike took a while to start and when i was going slow in first gear and stopped revving, and the rmps dropped, it stalled, and i had to start it again. It was already warmed up but it still took a while to start even with the hot start. I dont know if the starting problems were from the bike being flooded or timing though.

Well that's cam timing.  Quite important to get this right.  I have heard that some of those motors have issues with the cam gear slipping on the camshaft.  Maybe do some research and see yours is susceptible to that problem.

Ordinarily, if everything is aligned properly and your cam gear has not slipped, you will either by spot on or off by exactly a certain amount of teeth.  One tooth in either direction may not be enough to cause engine damage but I can't guarantee that since this is a very high performance engine.  It definitely needs to be dead on though. 

One thing to check is compression/leakdown.  Your symptoms could also be caused by incorrect valve clearances.