rmatvmc Kudos to Rocky Mountain

Wanted to say Kudos to Rocky Mountain. Ordered a set of Klim Mohave pants back in June. Got an email from Rocky today saying there is a $40 price drop and they're crediting me the amount, 6 weeks after the order. I find that amazing, even for Rocky.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, duncanstives said:

I agree. NEVER had anything other than an awesome experience with Rocky but that's a new high... LOL

Motosport is the crappy one.  I've also had very good experiences with BTO.

• Like 1

RMATVMC is amazing.

I ordered a fork block, it broke, I left a bad review (being honest) and they sent me a brand new fork block.

im expecting them to do the same with this tusk brand shifter that lasted me 1 month.

their rockybucks system is also nice. im up to like $140 free money.

As far as I am concerned Rocky Mountain is the only place to shop!

• Like 3

RMATV is my go to.  This winter we had an opportunity to ride in January (thanks global warming!?!?), my rotors were shot, and I had just put new brake pads on.  My order had got hung up in their system for some reason so the rotors weren't going to make it by Saturday.  I spoke with them Thursday and they overnighted the rotors to me at no additional charge, and sent a label to return the first set that weren't going to make it in time.  All this just so I could ride on Saturday.  There aren't many companies like that anymore.  

Edited by poldies4
  • Like 7

Rocky Mountain emailed me with credit back on things because of a price drop too.:thumbsup:Wow! Good job Rocky Mountain 

On 8/1/2017 at 5:37 PM, S10gto said:

As far as I am concerned Rocky Mountain is the only place to shop!

I wouldn't say only place for me, but for sure the #1 place to shop.

I get a few things like missing bolts, or replacement o-rings OEM thru the local dealer. They are 15% off since I got my dirt bike there.

I also get a few things Ebay or specalty shop like RaceTech or ProMotoBillet.

On 8/1/2017 at 10:35 AM, Trailryder42 said:

Wanted to say Kudos to Rocky Mountain. Ordered a set of Klim Mohave pants back in June. Got an email from Rocky today saying there is a $40 price drop and they're crediting me the amount, 6 weeks after the order. I find that amazing, even for Rocky.

I had the same thing happen on a pair of Gearne SG12 boots. They were a screaming good deal at around $360 on close out. They later sent a credit due to a price drop. In addition they added something like $10 extra or something. I ended up getting the SG12s for around $320.

Not too long ago they sent me $20 for customer appreciation.

Just got new shoes for the bike this week. Dunlop has a rebate. RMATV has the rebate form online. They make saving (spending) money at their site way easy. Smart business people.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2017 at 1:10 PM, cjjeepercreeper said:

Motosport is the crappy one.  I've also had very good experiences with BTO.

Motorsport has been great for me too. I ordered pants from Motorsport that were too small. So when I called to return them, they shipped my new pants the same day I called (before I shipped the other back), and they payed for the shipping back. Just 2 weeks ago I got some pants from RMATV that were too big, and when I called to return them, I had to pay to ship them back, and it was 72 hours after they received the ones that were too big before they shipped the new ones. 

Always have had good experiences from both Motosport and RMATV as far as customer service goes. RMATV even sent someone down to the warehouse to check the color of an item, as there was some confusion (OEM Honda part) with the color coding.

I had the same thing happen on a pair of Gearne SG12 boots. They were a screaming good deal at around $360 on close out. They later sent a credit due to a price drop. In addition they added something like $10 extra or something. I ended up getting the SG12s for around $320.

Not too long ago they sent me $20 for customer appreciation.

Just got new shoes for the bike this week. Dunlop has a rebate. RMATV has the rebate form online. They make saving (spending) money at their site way easy. Smart business people.

Unless you're an international customer and want to use PayPal, then they'll tell you they won't accept your payment method and the only method they will is via money order and that'll cost you an extra $30 USD. Oh and by the way, we didn't warn you of this so we'll reject your order and it might take up to 30 days to get the money back in your account.

Unless you're an international customer and want to use PayPal, then they'll tell you they won't accept your payment method and the only method they will is via money order and that'll cost you an extra $30 USD. Oh and by the way, we didn't warn you of this so we'll reject your order and it might take up to 30 days to get the money back in your account.

Yupppppp. Rmatv screwed me around like this too.

I live in Canada. 20 mins north of Montana.

I ship to Montana address alllllllllll the time (for free) drive down myself (for $10) and get the packages myself. 10 years and 700 packages so far. No problems till I ordered from rmatv.

Now. Rmatv doesn't know me or my situation. They googled my address. Assumed I was bringing them into Canada. (I am... But what if I was a Montana resident?... They don't know that). But, they seen since I was shipping it to a package holding place, they wouldn't sell me certain items!!!! A royal piss off. Not cool

"Cory,

Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately, we will not be able to ship any OEM parts or name brand items to a freight forwarding, holding company, international address or any residential address where you or someone else may be taking these parts outside of the US. Your OEM parts and brand name items will be removed from your order. If you have non-OEM parts on your order those will ship as scheduled. Your refund will be processed and applied back to your original form of payment within 2-10 business days.

Brands excluded are (there are potentially other items that are not listed): OEM parts, Polaris, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, KTM, Suzuki, GoPro, Scott, Yoshimura, Fly Racing, Shoei, Oakley, Pro-X, Chemicals and K & N."

Rmatv is the ONLY place that has ever denied selling me an oem Ktm part, and bel ray fork oil, since I'm a Canadian by about 30 miles. But yet tt,slavens, eBay, ktmsonly, and any other site out there will gladly ship me any of those items. Booooooooo rmatv

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wielywilly-g said:

Are you saying RMATVMC doesn't take Aussy credit cards?

Nah, I know others have been able to. They might have balked at the size of my order perhaps but whatever reason they definitely aren't clear about it in advance. 

18 minutes ago, cdf450 said:

I ship to Montana address alllllllllll the time (for free) drive down myself (for $10) and get the packages myself. 10 years and 700 packages so far. No problems till I ordered from rmatv.

Now. Rmatv doesn't know me or my situation. They googled my address. Assumed I was bringing them into Canada. (I am... But what if I was a Montana resident?... They don't know that). But, they seen since I was shipping it to a package holding place, they wouldn't sell me certain items!!!! A royal piss off. Not cool

"Cory,

Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately, we will not be able to ship any OEM parts or name brand items to a freight forwarding, holding company, international address or any residential address where you or someone else may be taking these parts outside of the US. Your OEM parts and brand name items will be removed from your order. If you have non-OEM parts on your order those will ship as scheduled. Your refund will be processed and applied back to your original form of payment within 2-10 business days.

Brands excluded are (there are potentially other items that are not listed): OEM parts, Polaris, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, KTM, Suzuki, GoPro, Scott, Yoshimura, Fly Racing, Shoei, Oakley, Pro-X, Chemicals and K & N."

Rmatv is the ONLY place that has ever denied selling me an oem Ktm part, and bel ray fork oil, since I'm a Canadian by about 30 miles. But yet tt,slavens, eBay, ktmsonly, and any other site out there will gladly ship me any of those items. Booooooooo rmatv

I started a thread about my experience on another site and other internationals chimed in having had the same experience. I went back to BTO and no dramas. I started a thread to see what was up as I'd only heard good things about RMATV and see them supporting the sport well and wanted to support them so was confused (and a bit annoyed). 

Obviously some export law that RMATV is following to the T. Think about the other sites, they're selling maybe 1/64th the volume of RMATV. If RMATV got ass raped by the IRS for selling shiz internationally not EXACTLY how the law is written (or their attorney's interpretation of the law) then they have much much more to lose than the smaller E-tailer. 

If say Amazon is thumbing their nose at the export law then the IRS has to weigh whether they want to take this on but having the IRS shake down RMATV will result in RMATV cowering in fear unlike Amazon. :thinking:

• Like 1

"Cory,

Man that's annoying, but probably a one off. I didn't have any issues sending oem parts to a reshipper that was gonna send them to me in Australia - I also used an aussie credit card, an aussie billing address, and my US shipping address looked more like a serial number than an address - they still shipped it. I bought almost 1k worth of oem yamaha parts. Looks like you were just unlucky that they cared enough to look into it

Sent from my SM-G920I using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 1