Yz80 carb issues

I've had some 4 strokes that have carb blowback where some gas fuel mix shoots out into the airbox but I've never heard of a 2 stroke doing that. I recently bought a 2000 yz80 and I'm not sure why the gas mix is blowing out of the carb instead of induction. There is still a lot of air coming out the exhaust and good compression. Does it have something to do with the reeds, I haven't has the time to check them yet. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

So your saying gas is blowing back into the air box? If so what makes you believe this is happening? If your cleaning your filter and see residue in the air chamber that may just be the oil from your filter running down or perhaps your float is not working at all and even thou the bike is running it's getting a ton of gas dumped in it

Bad reeds could be the cause for the reversion.

Visually easy to check, look for any petal not sealing tightly against the cage or corners & edges chipped off.

Despite no visual damage, reeds do wear out with usage just like a piston and ring,

they loose their tension and flutter at high rpms, killing top end power, especially so on smaller high reving 85's and 125's

If you don't remember when they were last replaced, they're likely overdue.

Ok I'll have to check, but I know this because when I removed the air box I rubbed my finger on the inside and there was a puddle of gas and i know that because I could smell it was gas. I agree that they are probably just old, it is from 2000.