Engine swap

Has anyone tried to swap a 2007 Drz400s engine to something bigger like a Dr650se or any other type of engine? I'm not afraid to weld on different bolt points on to the frame, I just want to know what els would fit in that frame and would still be as much fun.

alot of things could be made to fit if you dont mind cutting and welding .. the issue is coming up with a working motor, they aint cheap, and generally theyre going to come already in a vehicle .... what you need is a 'vision' and then make it come true lol .. ive mentioned this before, but if i happened to run into a good yamaha banshi motor i'd find me a drz with a rod hanging out of the crankcase for cheap and make it happen ..

• Like 1

alot of things could be made to fit if you dont mind cutting and welding .. the issue is coming up with a working motor, they aint cheap, and generally theyre going to come already in a vehicle .... what you need is a 'vision' and then make it come true lol .. ive mentioned this before, but if i happened to run into a good yamaha banshi motor i'd find me a drz with a rod hanging out of the crankcase for cheap and make it happen ..

Nice. You could call it the D-RZ350.

Sent from my XT1650 using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrzDeliquent said:

Exactly. All I need is an engine.

as an idea for a frame off project a ninja650 motor might be made to work .. you could pick the whole bike up for under 2 prolly and have everything for conversion .. theyre wet sump (i think) so modifying the front of the frame to clear exhaust isnt a problem, chain is right size, about 70 hp and torque .. no way i can cover all the variables without alot of research just throwing an idea at you ..

as an idea for a frame off project a ninja650 motor might be made to work .. you could pick the whole bike up for under 2 prolly and have everything for conversion .. theyre wet sump (i think) so modifying the front of the frame to clear exhaust isnt a problem, chain is right size, about 70 hp and torque .. no way i can cover all the variables without alot of research just throwing an idea at you ..

That's a good idea, definitely worth looking into!