Hi I'm 15yrs old, 5'7, and around 165lb I'm looking for a bike good for   the street and trails. I've been looking at 150cc bikes but I think they might be underpowered. Any suggestions 

You mention street and trails,

street as in fully street legal ?, that would depend on your regional motor vehicle rules. 

If you meant riding streets un-licensed with an off-road only bike, please don't do that !

• Like 1

First things first. A dual sport bike will get you started. Their out there on C/L but watch the scammers. Local news paper would be where I would start. Then apply for your Motorcycle endorsement license most states require a course you must take. Which will be to your benefit.  Then you become street legal. Plus you can ride the woods and the back country gravel dirt roads and explore! Don't forget the money needed for insurance, registration, tags and some states require a vehicle safety  inspection all the bells and whistles! Riding gear! It all adds up for a dual sport! 

I started riding at 15 with a '83 xr200r. Great bike to learn on, and dead bolt reliable. When I was 15 I was about 6 ft and 180 lbs.

I started the same age as you a few months ago on a 2002 Suzuki DR-200SE, great beginner bike that's street legal and works well on the trail. It doesn't have enough power to scare you or put you on your ass but it's had enough for everything I've done and can easily each 60mp/h. Used on sand, dirt, pavement, and gravel and Rode it like a motocross bike over whoops, never struggled at all. Although mine has issues when going through a lot of water, but it can go through the occasional hole just fine

• Like 1

You mention street and trails,
street as in fully street legal ?, that would depend on your regional motor vehicle rules. 

If you meant riding streets un-licensed with an off-road only bike, please don't do that !

ignore him^ JUST SEND IT!
  • Like 1