Dirtbikes For Beginners

I'm looking for a easy beginner dirtbike I could handle and ride around with no problems. I'm 16, almost 17, 5,7 and weigh around the 130 range .. yes I know I'm small for my age. My cousins are telling me to get a kx100 but it seems too small, and that a kx125 would kick my ass.. so I'm stuck.. can someone help ? I'm open to any dirtbike, not just kx's by the way. Thank you.

Crf230 or tt230. Easy to learn, fun to mod bikes. More out there for the crf230, that would be my suggestion. Not a track bike by any means, more of a trail play bike. Low maintenance and very reliable.

• Like 1

At 5'7" you are already almost too tall for most 'big-wheeled' minis (KX100, CRF150RB) that have 19" & 16" wheels.

If you don't intend to ride on motocross tracks, don't buy an MX race bike!

but rather consider a recreational or off-road bike like the CRF230F mentioned above.

Once your skills allow you to ride the wheels off that, you'll then have a better idea of the type of riding you prefer and what type of bike would best suit you.

• Like 2

I am 5'10" 130 and rode a honda crf230 from the time I was 16 until just after I turned 19 a few months ago. Honestly I can say its a great beginner bike although i started out on a klx 125. Easy to use, Easy to learn on and ride and the seat height was perfect to keep my feet on the ground. Highly recommend this bike for your weight and height.