Premix oil

Just pick a brand, in all reality oil is oil. Jetting is the key. I'm not racing any more so I'll b using Quicksilver as I already have two gallons, ran it in my RD 400 for 20+ years.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RedEyedStranger said:

I have been using the motorex 2t oil and I'm just wondering if there is something else out there that maybe is cheaper that is still just as good to use. Mix at 55/60-1.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using ThumperTalk mobile app

Plenty of info on these forums , you just need to search . An oil thread pops up everyday , it has been done to death 

Nothing to apologize for. So what if it's a retread topic, new info occasionally surfaces and searching through old posts is boring. The real problem with your question, and it's not your fault for asking, is that people seem to get pretty religious about their pet oil and ratio, so you get a lot of conflicting answers, often served up aggressively. I swore by Yamalube 2R for years (40:1) but switched to Water Pumpers 2 on the advice of the Enduro Engineering crew when I bought their USFS Approved silencer end cap. It's been fine, but now the guy at RK Tek pointed me in a different direction, so I might change again. I think at the end of the day most any decent quality oil works. Just remember that some oils are meant to be mixed at a specific ratio, so it's probably best to use the mixture the oil producer recommends.

• Like 2

Nothing to apologize for. So what if it's a retread topic, new info occasionally surfaces and searching through old posts is boring. The real problem with your question, and it's not your fault for asking, is that people seem to get pretty religious about their pet oil and ratio, so you get a lot of conflicting answers, often served up aggressively. I swore by Yamalube 2R for years (40:1) but switched to Water Pumpers 2 on the advice of the Enduro Engineering crew when I bought their USFS Approved silencer end cap. It's been fine, but now the guy at RK Tek pointed me in a different direction, so I might change again. I think at the end of the day most any decent quality oil works. Just remember that some oils are meant to be mixed at a specific ratio, so it's probably best to use the mixture the oil producer recommends.

I'm going to keep doing the 60:1(ish) with motorex that KTM recommends. I usually go slightly above the line of 60 toward 50:1 to make me feel better.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 2

On 8/2/2017 at 10:07 PM, -AC- said:

Just remember that some oils are meant to be mixed at a specific ratio, so it's probably best to use the mixture the oil producer recommends.

Seriously, the guys making and selling the oil know what ratio is right for their oil. If they say 50:1, use it, if they say 60:1 or even 100:1, use it.

3 hours ago, pat22043 said:

Seriously, the guys making and selling the oil know what ratio is right for their oil. If they say 50:1, use it, if they say 60:1 or even 100:1, use it.

not entirely true imo , still should adjust ratio to suit conditions eg: 60:1 would burn up a mx bike ridden hard WOT

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 91kdx25088 said:

amsoil dominator is the best oil. all of you that say otherwise obviously don't know crap. :rolleyes:

Yamalube 2R is the best oil. all of you that say otherwise obviously don't know crap

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 0:58 PM, pat22043 said:

Too bad that AMSoil is sold thru a MLM scam. Multi-level-Marketing. Aka ponzi scheme

you must be mistaken if you think I give a crap about that.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2017 at 1:38 AM, 91kdx25088 said:

amsoil dominator is the best oil. all of you that say otherwise obviously don't know crap. :rolleyes:

On 8/4/2017 at 3:49 AM, redrider144 said:

Yamalube 2R is the best oil. all of you that say otherwise obviously don't know crap

Royal Purple is the best oil!!  all of you that say otherwise obviously dont know crap

https://www.amazon.com/Royal-Purple-Performance-Synthetic-2-Cycle/dp/B000BRP65G

Edited by cdf450
  • Like 1

If the oil brand says 32:1 & KTM says 60:1(e.g. 250sx), are you guys changing jets?

Just pick a brand, in all reality oil is oil. Jetting is the key. I'm not racing any more so I'll b using Quicksilver as I already have two gallons, ran it in my RD 400 for 20+ years.

RD400! Beautiful piece of Yamaha history!
  • Like 1