Carb cleaner okay?

I pulled my carb just to give it a good cleaning I used a non chlorinated type (50 state legal) and pulled the float bowl and float out and slide and sprayed everything down inside and out. It evaporated very quickly my question is should I flush the carb with mixed gas before running it or is it okay to just reinstall and run?

Perhaps you were concerned because you have about problems with cars (some chemicals, when sprayed in the intake, can damage downstream systems related to emissions), but none of that applies to our wonderfully simple two strokes.  Spray away!  The only thing you might want to be concerned with is that the rapid evaporation of some spray cleaners may cool the metal enough for significant condensation to form.  Make sure that dries up before re-assembly.  

• Like 1

The only thing I can add to what the other guys said is: some carb cleaners are hard on rubber seals around the body and cap, they are brutal on the needle tip for the float. If we have a 125 here (sorry, I cant remember your sled) than the O-ring on the bras seat may be compromised as well. 

Other than that, good to go.

PS, I use the Yamalube carb and dip and it is fantastic with water clean up. 

I dessassembled everything and let it dry. Awesome. I also went to a little leaner main jet. I'm now at 175 main 45 pilot and using the blue needle with clip in 3rd pos. At sea level to 1000 ft around 68 degree f.

• Like 1

UPDATE GUYS/GALS

Installed the carb with better jetting, cannot give you a total review on this quite yet since I jsut reassembled the tank and sub frame and fired it up, of course installed the seats and side airbox panels since I figure that is how I will be riding and if any adjustments are needed I will be able to get a much better idea with the current jets I have in now with the airbox closed as if I was riding it.

So started first kick and actually idled for 30 seconds without having to blip the throttle. So I havent rode it WOT yet to determine the rest of the fuel/air ratio with the new jets but with my math and altitude, it was running a bit rich, so I went from the stock 180 main to a 175 main and a 45 pilot with the JD Jet kit. Also running the Blue richer needle with clip at 3rd position. I am confident I got a bang out now, there were no signs of being lean such as a hanging high rpm idle but again I just fired it up and can tell just from reving it will be much better single track where I am in 1st and second along with a few 5th 3/4 throttle spots but they dont last very long. Well its coming along very well.