Electrical Question

I am trying to figure out the electrical system specifically on my 2015 X-Trainer. As far as I can tell the grounds are; Spark Plug, Stator, Starter Motor, Battery etc to Frame. I circled them in red on the attached drawing from the; "RR 2T and X - Trainer oil injection and wiring trouble shooting guide". Where are the three connections I circled in blue? I have seen some pictures of other models with multi wire soldered connections covered in tape buried in the loom. Is that what I am looking for?

59817bb30d42b_unnameddocumentcopy.thumb.png.79eeacebe123a0c50e48c0ea254f32a7.png

Yes, you are correct, or mostly correct. Those multi wire earth connections SHOULD be soldered, but they are not. They are fused together. And sometimes they don't fuse them ALL together, resulting in erratic electrical operation. My starter began playing up, and I eventually traced the source to one of those multi wire connections that was unraveling. The fusing was not   100% through the group of earth wires, resulting in the starter only working when the handlebars were turned hard right, as that pushed the earths back together again. That connection was on the main loom, just below the plastic retaining clip by the steering head, RHS.  Soldering fixed the problem.

• Like 2

I'd like to know this for RR as well.  Best thing would be a photo of the bike, frame, and wiring loom with an arrow showing the location of the electrical junctions.

• Like 1

If you search for RR300 starter motor problems on this Beta forum you should find my post.  I threw up photos of the offending part of the wiring loom. About 9 months ago now? Don't have the photos any more.

5 hours ago, motumatai said:

If you search for RR300 starter motor problems on this Beta forum you should find my post.  I threw up photos of the offending part of the wiring loom. About 9 months ago now? Don't have the photos any more.

Edited by Bedunjgi

On 8/2/2017 at 3:59 PM, motumatai said:

This is the thread motumatai is referring to;