Anyone own 2 FX's

Currently have a 15 FX with 80ish hours and love it, I ride everything with it some insane single track to gncc races. I was thinking of getting a 18 FX So it could be my hare scramble/gncc bike and my 15 with single track, hard enduro stuff because the bike gets killed in those conditions and its hard to keep it nice and swapping tires all the time is not fun haha. I was thinking 2 stroke to single track but i dont know if i'll like it. Who else has 2 of the same bikes, or should i wait for the 19's

if you think swapping tires is too much work and not fun, maintaining two bikes is way more work than that...  i've owned multiple bikes in the past and i can tell you it's a lot of work to keep both bikes up on maintenance.  especially if you have other hobbies, as i do.   food for thought...     

• Like 2

Its my only hobby so im ok with it, the FX has been bullet proof not one issue since i bought it new. Its either going to be a 250x or FX.

If you compete, having 2 identical bikes also means you have the luxury of having everything as a spare available at all times.

Wheels, levers, perches, brakes, shift/brake levers etc.  Could be very handy at times, like missing a part just before a race.

Also simplifies inventory for spares, oil filters, extra air filters etc.

You can also test engine & suspension settings and apply them to the other bike.

For recreational use, in my case I prefer having very different usage specific bikes, one for trail/off-road and the other for motocross.

Edited by mlatour

I never had just 1 bike.  Sometimes as many as 30.

If you can afford it go ahead.

I'd rather have a 250x if you're buying a 2nd bike purely for gnarly hard enduro stuff. FX is an awesome race bike but isn't great for super technical stuff, IMO. I know everyone's definition of "gnarly" is different but where I ride it can get real nasty and the FX really doesn't like going slow. My previous bike was a KTM 300XC. I'll take the smoker any day for slow technical, but prefer the FX in higher speed race conditions.

• Like 1

Well picked up a 2018 250x can't wait to ride it. Feels soo much lighter

IMG_1779.JPG

IMG_1781.JPG

• Like 3

Great choice op ! I'm busy shopping for a 450FX to keep my 250 company in the trailer :ride:

Well picked up a 2018 250x can't wait to ride it. Feels soo much lighter
IMG_1779.thumb.JPG.598573288292b3fd3d277abe0ec03a44.JPG
IMG_1781.JPG.08d68ebcafdccd88c1ff900451506366.JPG

You won't be disappointed. I own a 16 450 FX and a 2017 250X. The 2 stroke is a fun bike, you will definitely notice the vibration especially on longer rides. With the Yamaha rebate I ended up getting Faast Flex handlebars, helped a ton.
  • Like 2

Nice bike !  I'd rather have 2 different bikes than 2 of the same.

They look nice new don't they?