Q stealth on my old '97(or 96) KX125

Hello everybody

Za bike runs great , and perfect . If I need some power on uphills just clutch and hold it at half grab , and she will flyyyyyy.

But zere is a problem , i have a ear with problems , and I am not allowed to listen to high frequency sounds for too long time .

So i heard about this FMF Stealth 2 thing , and my KX is 97 or 96 , but  the last year they make this pipe is  '99 .

So , if i buy the '99 i am sure it will not directly bolt on . I wonder what are the differences between a '99 KX125 and a '96KX125 in terms of exhaust .

Will it bolt directly to the sub-frame , or do I have to do some cutting and welding ?

And the "kiss" with the pipe , does it "kiss" directly or do I have to employ an Ironsmith/Welder to create a tube or even cut things 

Any other things I should be concerned about when trying to put  this pipe on my KX ? 

Wear a helmet. It will protect your ears immensely. If you put earplugs in and wear a helmet, I bet you would hardly hear anything but your own breathing.

Hello everybody

I have been with the bike to the medic , she had a broken radiator , now she is fine , tomorrow we see if the surgery was a success .

Till then let me answer your posts :

@jaguar57  cool ideea , so I should be able to reduce 50% + 20% , wow this is a 70% in sound reduction man , but then again those tests were made on scooter pipes  , well if it goes wrong i can always just buy a new or used  pipe to replace the old one ...

@351mustanger  yes I did that  and it helps low-end to mid-range , but on top she screams like a bitch !!!

@KDXGarage  yea .... well .... lets  cross fingers

Edited by endurocross

7 minutes ago, endurocross said:

Hello everybody

I have been with the bike to the medic , she had a broken radiator , now she is fine , tomorrow we see if the surgery was a success .

Till then let me answer your posts :

@jaguar57  cool ideea , so I should be able to reduce 50% + 20% , wow this is a 70% in sound reduction man , but then again those tests were made on scooter pipes  , well if it goes wrong i can always just buy a new or used  pipe to replace the old one ...

@351mustanger  yes I did that  and it helps low-end to mid-range , but on top she screams like a bitch !!! 

@KDXGarage  yea .... well .... lets  cross fingers

Edited by endurocross

The inside diameter of the KX250 FMF Q Stealth is wider than the outside diameter of the KX125 stinger. You will need to create an adapter. Note that the Q Stealth is maybe 1-2 dB more quiet so not large reductions in sound. Definitely wear ear plugs to protect your hearing. I don't have a hearing problem yet and hope to keep it that way.