lowering 450x

At the bottom of this page there's a chart using various length Kouba links on various CRF models :

http://www.koubalink.com/crf.html

I use a CRF2 link on my '08 CRF250X, as advertised it lowers the rear about 5/8" (14mm) if you set the race sag at 100mm.

Not as drastic as experienced on a YZ125 with 1.5" a Yamalink,

but it does increase the leverage geometry of the suspension so the shock will feel a bit softer than before.

I've compensated mine with a stiffer spring (IMO the stock spring requires too much preload and un-balances the chassis)

You can then set your fork tubes 14mm higher in the triple clamps and hope the original geometry isn't too upset.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

Have it lowered internally...only costs a few dollars more but works infinitely better.

Have it done while getting it revalved and it should only bump the cost $ 50...

• Like 1

I used the Kouba link CR4 or CF4 and it dropped it 1.75",  I installed riser spacers for the front so I could pull the forks up the same amount.  The bike rides great and is more stable at higher speeds.  Both changes took less than 45 minutes.  That said, it is still pretty tall.   But, it will not fit under my lift stand any more, so be aware of that possible issue.

crf.jpg

Edited by JCW
  • Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:55 AM, Blzn1up said:

Preferred lowering link and how much will it lower it?

I have a 1.75 Kouba lowering link and a 1" lower seat foam and seat cover to fit. PM me if you are interested..........