2017 Tc250 or 250sx

I'll b buying a 17 tc250 this weekend or a 17 250sx. MXA did a 2 stroke shootout back in 2015 and liked the husky more than the ktm because of the smoother power delivery and the additional compliance of the subframe. But does that logic apply to the new 17/18 models? I read a post by someone that the 17 ktm has a more forgiving subframe than the husky. The husky I'm looking to buy has more mods and is more expensive but has the mods I want and the ktm is 1000 cheaper and has 15hrs less ride time but is stock except pipe and exhaust and will cost me1500 to modify it to the same specs as the husky (suspension revalve, chain, sprocket, vforce 4R reeds, and new tires) In my book they are a tie as far as cost so the tie breaker will be which subframe is better. 

Edited by digarcia1987

That's the thing though. They are the same deal. Price wise there isn't an advantage from one to the other. 

1 hour ago, digarcia1987 said:

That's the thing though. They are the same deal. Price wise there isn't an advantage from one to the other. 

KTM plastic is more well thought out and a LB lighter. Get the KTM.

3 hours ago, 2strokenut said:

KTM plastic is more well thought out and a LB lighter. Get the KTM.

The plastic isn't 1lb lighter. The subframe and rotors make up the weight difference between the two. No way anyone except the most experienced and sensitive pros can feel a 1lb difference. My question is about the subframe. Is there a notable difference in handing and flex from the aluminum to the carbon/resin subframe? 

48 minutes ago, digarcia1987 said:

The plastic isn't 1lb lighter. The subframe and rotors make up the weight difference between the two. No way anyone except the most experienced and sensitive pros can feel a 1lb difference. My question is about the subframe. Is there a notable difference in handing and flex from the aluminum to the carbon/resin subframe? 

The whole bike is a LB lighter, not plastic. But you're right, no one but the most experienced pros can tell a one LB difference and the same with the flex differences between a carbon and AL subframe.

The husky seller seems iffy so I'll be buying the ktm. I've ordered everything I want for the bike except the revalved suspension. My mods will include 

NOST suspension

Motostuff 280mm front rotor

Vforce 4Runner reed cage

Pro Peg ti pegs

Husqvarna extended shift lever

Twisted carbon/kevlar handlebars

Guts phantom seat foam

Motoseat ribbed seat cover

bunch of blue annodized bling

Acerbis flo yellow plastics

PC pipe and shorty muffler

Acerbis skid plate