not going into 4th gear

I bought a 2015 Apollo 125cc pit bike and was riding the other day and while i was putting it into 3rd gear it felt like it was losing power. After i got it up and put it into 4th gear it stalled out. I started it up again at neutral put it in first and it was fine clicked up to 2nd and it was fine then when i clicked up to third it did the same thing all over again and started to lose its power After that i didn't even try to put it into 4th. Any way you can explain or try to help me out? Thank you!

Not sure what the Appollo is a replica of, but I would imagine at minimum you're going to pull a side cover and look at the shifter mechanism.

Hopefully you won't have to split the case.

• Like 1

Don't know what those bikes cost new, or if you can get parts for them, but you might consider another new bike, and keep the current bike for spare parts. :excuseme:

• Like 1

Check the valves and if needed, adjust them to .002" for the intake and .003" for the exhaust

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dirtbkr188 said:

Check the valves and if needed, adjust them to .002" for the intake and .003" for the exhaust

I read the post again.

I believe I may be misinterpreting the problem.

Loss of power, not mechanical.

1 hour ago, WALKINGWOUNDED said:

I read the post again.

I believe I may be misinterpreting the problem.

Loss of power, not mechanical.

Anything helps at this point. Thank you. 

A tight valve that does not close all the way lowers the compression and drastically reduces power output.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dirtbkr188 said:

A tight valve that does not close all the way lowers the compression and drastically reduces power output.

Thank you! i will have to check out the valves!