Getting a stuck flywheel off

Got my new tool in the mail, and had a crack at getting the flywheel off my wr426

It did not work. The bolts bent, and 1 of them had the threads ripped off. Seems like the holes in the tool didn't perfectly line up with the flywheel, hence why they bent a little.

This is the tool I used, which said in the description that it was only for the yz/wr400, but the part number matched the one provided in the book for the 426 so I figured it'd be right

5982e5b52c793_flywheelpuller.thumb.jpg.ef47410041dece5121edae800a4c58b2.jpg20170803_185204.thumb.jpg.769da71d55752ffed6712f208bbf3734.jpg

This is the bolt that was ripped out. Threads are f***d. I think the flywheel is ok, just has the remains of the bolt threads in it for this one hole.

What can I do to get this flywheel off? Seems like I'm down shit creek without a paddle now that this tool has proven it won't get it off.

Seems like the wrong one if it doesn't match patch numbers.

Before you thread another bolt into you, you will want to run a tap through the one that has the remains of threads in it to clear it out, then blow some compressed air through to get the metal shavings out. You do not want to strip it out or crossthread it.

Take a look at MotionPro's website or catalog, they make a puller for it.

Don't thread the bolts in too far or you will damage the coils.

Seems like the wrong one if it doesn't match patch numbers.
Before you thread another bolt into you, you will want to run a tap through the one that has the remains of threads in it to clear it out, then blow some compressed air through to get the metal shavings out. You do not want to strip it out or crossthread it.
Take a look at MotionPro's website or catalog, they make a puller for it.
Don't thread the bolts in too far or you will damage the coils.

It did match part numbers.

Good idea with the tap

Any ideas on how to make it come off? Even if I've somehow got the wrong tool and I need another one, the bolt didn't rip out until I applied a hell of a lot of force to it using a 2 foot breaker bar

Sent from my SM-G920I using ThumperTalk mobile app

3 minutes ago, thredbo said:

It did match part numbers.

Good idea with the tap

Any ideas on how to make it come off? Even if I've somehow got the wrong tool and I need another one, the bolt didn't rip out until I applied a hell of a lot of force to it using a 2 foot breaker bar

Are you using anything to hold the flywheel?

I get alot of stuff from mxstore
but those bolts just wont cut it
give them a call tomorrow and let them know - they might send you out the proper puller
or go get some high tensile bolts

Yeah righto I'll give that a shot

I might grind the holes on the plate inwards a little bit with my dremel if they don't send a better one - might reduce the stress on the bolt